Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Was Vendor Training
So I tested pretty much all the vendors, only a few skills can be trained via Vendor
Animal Taming
Veterinary
Animal Lore
Tracking

The rest of the vendors all claimed to not be able to teach even if I have 0 in their proposed ability.

[Image: Wyldeheart.jpg]
So do we need to train skills via the vendors? If so, why?

On commercial UO specific vendors trained specific skills only, and I think that was how it was on Comraich 2016 as well. This might need some more checking, what types of vendors did you actually try?
(06-17-2019, 03:09 PM)Lara Wrote: So do we need to train skills via the vendors?  If so, why?

On commercial UO specific vendors trained specific skills only, and I think that was how it was on Comraich 2016 as well.  This might need some more checking, what types of vendors did you actually try?
I basically tried creating everything that was a vendor not just a named character in the list, like farmer, ranger, gypsy animal trainer, probably 40 or so, etc. 

Do we need it? unsure, but just testing and with the current scripts its not working properly except in the cases I mentioned previously: i.e. merchant replies for xxx gold ill train you in it.  
I know some skills are very difficult to get started from zero, so there may be some reasons to have them working right.

[Image: Wyldeheart.jpg]
I feel pretty sure this did work ... we'll have to ask Lyrinn to see if she can find the correct vendors.
Tested, to a point and saw that as long as you don't .SPEC your skills your able to train skills from NPCs by clicking the drop menu on them, selecting one of the 1-5 skills associated with the vender, they request a gold sum... you drag that amount from your pack on-top of them and your skill raises to whatever amount they can train you.

Once you .SPEC skills your only able to train those specific skills. AND .Spec'ing will remove your starting skills if you don't .SPEC them - which may lead to confusion and frustration of new players. (Say I start with 50 Healing and don't .SPEC it at least into a 60 Skill Slot... that 50 Healing will drop back down to 0.0 )

So if we are going for a more traditional Ultima Online feel maybe the .SPEC command just needs to be removed so that players can build their character to whatever the cap is , 500-700 points? .SPEC in the past limited 3 skills to 100, 3 skills to 80 and 3 skills to 60... as well as 3 Trade Skills to 100. .SPEC in the end offered more skill points then traditional Ultima Online but I imagine increasing this cap for "Normal" Ultima is easily done as I've see it upwards of 1200 points on some shards, or high enough to allow everyone to have every skill at max.

Do you want me to start a list of skills each type of NPC trains so we can be sure we have all of them spawned at least on the starter island?
Wylde, have you run the .spec command on your character? On my test server I was able to train anything -before- I ran .spec, but once I ran .spec I could only train in skills that I had selected. For all other skills the vendors would say there's nothing they can teach.

Edit: Looks like Wormwood beat me to this with a much more thorough explanation. Thanks Big Grin
Do you want me to start a list of skills each type of NPC trains so we can be sure we have all of them spawned at least on the starter island?

Yes that is probably a good idea.

Lyrinn, hold off on changes to the .spec until Mith and I can talk to you about how we are going to be using the other skills as well.
NPCS:    MORE TO COME!

BardGuildmaster: Peacemaking, Discordance, Provocation, Musicianship, Archery, Swordsmanship
HealerGuildmaster: Anatomy, Healing, Foresnic Evaluation, Resisting Spells, Spirit Speak
MageGuildmaster: Evaluate Intelligence, Inscription, Magery, Resisting Spells, Wrestling, Meditation  (HAS ERROR UNDER PAPERDOLL OPTION)
RangerGuildmaster: Animal Lore, Camping, Hiding, Resisting Spells, Tactics, Archery, Tracking, Stealth
TheifGuildmaster: Begging, Detect Hidden, Hiding, (Mechanics?), Snooping, Poisoning, Stealing, Fencing, Stealth, Remove Trap
WarriorGuildmaster: Arms Lore, Parrying, Resisting Spells, Tactics, Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Fencing

BlacksmithGuildmaster: Arms Lore, Blacksmithing (ALSO A VENDER)
FisherGuildmaster: Fishing
MinerGuildmaster: Item Identification, Mining
TaliorGuildmaster: Talioring
TinkerGuildmaster: (Mechanics?), Tinkering, Remove Trap

Walker : Hiding, Tactics, Fencing, Tracking, Wrestling, Stealth, Wizardry

EvilHealer: Healing, Forensic Evaluation, Spirit Speak, Swordsmanship
EvilWanderingHealer: Anatomy, Camping, Healing, Forensic Evaluation, Spirit Speak
PricedHealer: Anatomy, Evaluating Intelligence, Healing, Magery, Resisting Spells, Tactics
WanderingHealer: Anatomy, Camping, Healing, Forensic Evaluation, Spirit Speak

Alchemist: Alchemy, Taste Identification
AnimalTrainer: Animal Lore, Animal Taming, Veterinary
Architect: Trains Nothing - Sells Old School Ultima Online house deeds & Interior Decorator Tool.
Armorer: Arms Lore, Blacksmithy
Baker: Cooking, Taste Identification
Banker: Trains Nothing
Barkeeper: Trains Nothing
Bard: Peacemaking, Discordance, Provocation, Musicanship, Archery, Swordsmanship
Beekeeper: Trains Nothing
Blacksmith: Arms Lore, Blacksmithing, Parrying, Tactics, Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Fencing
Bowyer: Bowcraft/Fletching, Archery
Butcher: Anatomy
Carpenter: Carpentry, Lumberjacking
Cobbler: Talioring
Cook: Cooking, Taste Identification
CustomHairStylist: Trains Nothing - Sells New Hair/Beards/Dyes
Dryad: Peacemaking, Cooking, Provocation, Musicianship, Poisoning, Archery, Talioring
Farmer: Trains Nothing
Fisherman: Fishing
Glassblower: Alchemy, Taste Identification
GolemCrafter: (Mechanics?), Tinkering, Remove Trap
Gyspy Animal Trainer: Animal Lore, Animal Taming, Veterinary
Gyspy Banker: Trains Nothing
Gypsy Maiden: Trains Nothing
Hair Stylist: Alchemy, Magery, Taste Identification
Herbalist: Alchemy, Cooking, Taste Identification
Innkeeper: Trains Nothing
IronWorker: Parrying, Blacksmithing, Tactics, Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Tactics
Jeweler: Item Identification
KeeperofChivalry: Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Fencing (Sells Books of Chivalry)
Leatherworker: Trains Nothing
Mage: Evaluating Intelligence, Magery, Inscription, Resisting Spells, Meditation
Map Maker: Cartography (Sells Maps though of NORMAL Ultima Online Britannia- Using Maps crashes my client, forcing a reload)
Miller: Trains Nothing
Miner: Mining
Minter: Trains Nothing , Banker
Mystic: Evaluation Intelligence, Inscription, Resisting Spells, Meditation (Many Items aren't shown in the Sell Menu)

Waiter: Trains Nothing
Weaver: Talioring
WeaponSmith:  Arms Lore, Blacksmithing, Swordsmanship, Focus
Veterinarian: Animal Lore, Veterinary

Solen Queen:
Grizelda:
Naturalist:

Vilo:  Slay 10 Ant Lions  - Bag of Treasure
Yorus:  Slay 10 Birds - Bag of Trinkets    (Quest works but only gave me a pouch with a warhammer in it)

Fiddled with a few of them - it seems like the quests aren't linked to the specific NPC and each time you spawn them they have a different quest.  Many of them spawn with bugged quests.
I've split this thread up and am closing this one.
Topic Options