Previous Characters
Gala Te'a, Kairi Vel

Character Name -
Aerivel Winter

Character Race & Sub-Race-
She is a half-breed, Human/Elf

Alternate Graphic
None

Character Description - A young looking woman stands before you, her long, honey blonde hair braided loosely around lengths of ribbon. Tips of Aelfish ears may be seen peeking out through her hair. Her eyes are a light emerald, seemingly mindful of her surroundings at times, and dreamy at others. The softly chiseled features of her face are marred by the thin, red scar that leads from just under her right eye and down her cheek. Her slender, unadorned neck leads down to a slender body with toned curves where muscles would lie. Her thin wrists oddly yield graceful and meticulous movements, as if in dance. Her height is of an average human female, about 5 foot 4. One could say she looked fragile,and like a bird, so light in her steps.

Shard Plot Line -
As she walks past a bulletin board,an ebony colored parchment catches her attention. Upon closer inspection, her eyes widen with curiosity. "Such a high payout for such a simple task!" Her eyes skim down to the bottom and she mouths the words 'Court of Enlightenment'.  She pauses, almost confused by the term in its reference to the action. "Interesting.." she mutters, thinking to herself that it may be worth a look. Their apparent recruitment technique seems to be geared to reward hungry individuals, such as herself. Although, their weakness presents itself as well. If they are not true to their word... She pops into the nearest provision shop and orders a field book and quill with what little she had on her. 

Special Role-play Ability-
No special abilities. She is a mind over matter type of character.

Previous World
Vel stares longingly out of her second floor window, watching the town perform its daily routine from below. Guards stopping to pay respect to the citizens, the citizens stumbling over themselves in the presence of the guards. The butcher, whipping and shoving his boars into the slaughterhouse, leading them to their fate. Townsfolk, bidding, "Good Days," to one another with a false smile and quick tip of a hat.

She feels sick to her stomach. "How am I trapped within these cold marble walls of my manor while those people outside live happily on? She was tired of watching. Tired of hiding. Tired of hunting, and being hunted. Her life did not play out the way she had intended. She was a prisoner of her own darkness, the darkness she had so lusted for, the darkness that ultimately destroyed her.

Turning from the window, she steps towards a wall mirror, gazing upon her lovely face, hideous scar, sorrowful eyes. "I'm finished.." she whispers to her image. "If you won't come to take me, then I shall give myself to you. You win."

She waits for the day to pass before taking her descent down her long, curving staircase, pulling a torch from the wall along the way as she stormed through the foyer. The thick wooden doors between her and the outside flickering in the torchlight,the carved demon wings seeming to come to life as if beckoning her towards her freedom. Vel then throws both doors wide open, inviting the brisk air in, wind howling through her halls. With that, she throws the torch behind her, into the home that she cares not turn back to see. All of her collections, her gifts, her trophies, her words... their words, their heads. "May it all burn to Ashe."

Vel pulls her coat collar up above her neckline and pulls her brimmed hat down over her eyes. She steps into the cold, winter night and walks onward through the darkness.

The Void.

She enters it, blindly walking down the stone halls that bounce the echoes of demonic and mortal screams and snarls, rips and pops like that of wood from a fire... sounds that would make the hair stand up on the back of any hero. She is ready to give herself to them, and to allow them to pass judgement.

Turning a corner she stops in her tracks, the stench of decay filling her nostrils. Something in the darkness down the hall seems to shift towards her, the stench growing more nauseating as it comes nearer. She falls to her knees as it stops before her, bowing down to it in a submission of her soul, a gift that she had felt it made obvious to her that it desired.

Suddenly,the smell changes. Fresh spring dirt takes its place. The darkness lifts itself and light casts a blood red hue through her closed eyes. She opens them, and sees grass, and a field, and in the distance, a town.

"Is this...some sort of joke?" she mutters. Pushing herself up, she takes a better look, squinting across the field. Outside of the town's walls are citizens taking in shipments, trading, going about their happy lives.

"You're kidding me. I sacrifice myself to you, and this is what I get? You wanted me, for this?"

She slumps back down into the grass, exhausted and disappointed, covering her face with her arms.  After a while, she begins to feel comforted by the sun warming her overcoat, like a weighted blanket. Vel rolls over onto her back and, for a while, watches the cotton white clouds move through the pale blue sky. A beautiful day it was, birds singing, men hollering in the distance.

She begins to plan her next moves.
Thumbs up

Cornelius, dog extraordinaire
Being a half elf/human, would that make her a Demi-Human or Aelfeyn? Or, at least, which would she be more in tune with? As they each have their own weaknesses and limitations, I kinda wanna make certain that being a half-breed won't give her none of the weaknesses of either, or even all the weaknesses of both.

Also, when setting up characters for the mainland map, we have to input one of the races. So at the very least, we'd need a choice for that mechanic.
That's actually a very good point. I looked through the race pages and couldn't find an answer.

It is to be noteworthy that DEMI-human is a sub-race, but DEMI-Aelfeyn is not.

Based on race descriptions, it would depend on how she perceives the character, and her character description rather fits an Aelfeyn than a demi-human.

Character Description - A young looking woman stands before you, her long, honey blonde hair braided loosely around lengths of ribbon. Tips of Aelfish ears may be seen peeking out through her hair. Her eyes are a light emerald, seemingly mindful of her surroundings at times, and dreamy at others. The softly chiseled features of her face are marred by the thin, red scar that leads from just under her right eye and down her cheek. Her slender, unadorned neck leads down to a slender body with toned curves where muscles would lie. Her thin wrists oddly yield graceful and meticulous movements, as if in dance. Her height is of an average human female, about 5 foot 4. One could say she looked fragile,and like a bird, so light in her steps.

Aelfeyn page description suggests : 

Physical Traits
Taller than the average human
Usually thin
Hair grows quickly
Unusual eye color
Graceful

Subraces

This category is for the races of people who are seen as being more than human, and are generally considered to be tall, elegant, with long hair and unusual eyes.

Cornelius, dog extraordinaire
She would be seen as more "human" than anything due to her tendency to hide her ears, but I went into it expecting to have the weaknesses from both. If she should just stick with the burden from being human, that's fine too.
I'm okay with half aelfeyn/human. thumbs up
With those clarifications, thumbs up.
Approved.

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Topic Options