Mektor#8033

Previous Characters

Cornelius, Nicodemus

Character Name

Orgrim

Character Race & Sub-Race

Hoggur (orc)

Alternate Graphic

Green Horrific Beast (Hue 2207) -- the plan is to look like an orc by being a green-skinned human body and playing it as such. I'll always be wearing wearing either an orc mask or a closed helmet (bone, orc helm or full-face helm, etc.)

Character Description

Orgrimis an imposing dark, muddy green orc. His skin is both rugged, thick and scarred. The size of his hands is impressive by any standard, and his build makes it obvious handling heavy items comes with ease. His physic is impressive, not so much because of his height, but of how hulky it looks, clearly heavier than a human the same size. Despite the naturally hunched shape of his race, Orgrim stands straight – proud and aware. His body stinks of sweat and blood, though the stench – luckily for others – seems drenched by mud and dust.

His face has a thick shape and amber tusks sticking out of his lower jaw. His eyes are of the color of dried blood. Rusty jewelry clings to his perforated ears, and a ring made of bone and metal dangles from his nose. Though he is not a genius, Grom is clearly more intelligent than the average orc, and despite how words come out because of his physical features, he does not give the impression of a weak-minded peon.

Shard Plot Line

Orgrim is a warmonger, a conqueror. He seeks to prove himself as the fiercest warrior of this new land. It is the way of his people: glory through battle and rule by the strongest. Orgrim openly seeks war and will ally himself with whoever means is headed that way.

Special Role-play Ability

N/A

Previous World

Orgrim comes from the vanished world of Zyx, a land kept alive thanks to the magic of a dragon-god protector. When the dragon died, so did everything Orgrim knew.

Backstory

Orgrim was the chieftain of the Gorkan orcish tribe before the vanishing of his home world. This land was once host to a millenia-old conflict between Gorkans and humans known as Lansfals, until a time when Lansfals stole a technological marvel crafted by halflings and blew up half the Gorkan population, thus establishing their domination on the continent. The Gorkan tribes united following this event and maintained a rule in a corner of the world thanks to their warring abilities, slowly rebuilding their numbers.

The ways of the Gorkan were set in tradition and customs. War was their life. Peace only existed in the shame of defeat. The Gorkans were built for battle, women included. Respect, like power, came from strength. Though brute force was often on display, these orcs recognized ability in all its forms, including the nimbler ways of females. The tribe’s armors were made of the bones of defeated enemies: giants, daemons, and dragons. Sometimes, even those of gods and rivals (gorkans and others) – as both a show of respect and a warning to those who would challenge them.

Orgrim was without a doubt the strongest of his tribe, physically as well as in skills. He became chieftain in his late teens after challenging his mighty predecessor, inspiring many to believe a new breed of powerful orcs was on the rise. He quickly made himself known as a fearless leader and an inspiring warlord. As is common among orcs, he was counselled by shamans and warlocks dealing with elements and spirits. At the height of the 3rd war the latest era, the clan summoned the spirits of nether planes to empower the gorkan army, allowing its soldiers to grow into four-armed hulks and crush their opponents. It is not known whether this ritual is what led to the death of the dragon-god, only that the grounds fissured, and fire rained from the darkening skies ever since it was done. A few days later, as the army of berserk monsters finished annihilating their sworn enemies and Orgrim was praised for restoring the Gorkans as conquerors, the dragon-protector sighed his last breath and the world vanished into emptiness.
Was it through the dragon god that Grom was sent to Sanctuary?
It is unknown.

Grom did not revere him, or any god for that matter. Like many others who roam sanctuary, he just woke up here after what would normally have been his death.

Perhaps he is dead. Perhaps sanctuary is heaven, where he can fight however much he wants. Perhaps it is hell, where his ambition for conquest will never be satiated.

Cornelius, dog extraordinaire
thumbs up.
Thumbs up
"Green Horrific Beast (Hue 2207) -- the plan is to look like an orc by being a green-skinned human body and playing it as such. I'll always be wearing wearing either an orc mask or a closed helmet (bone, orc helm or full-face helm, etc.)"

So are you requesting an actual graphic shapechange?
I just wanna make sure it's accepted that I play an orc as I proposed (green skin + mask/full helm). I think it respects the rules (http://www.sanctuaryshard.com/index.php?...rs_(Rules)).

If it does, I don't really need a shapechange.

Thumbs up, pending graphic issue being fine!

Contrary to popular belief, the wings of demons are the same as the wings of angels, although they're often better groomed.

--Neil Gaiman
I *think* that is alright, with the understanding that, aside from his face, he'd be basically human looking. However, that might take a final word from Lara, given there are actual orc graphics.
If at all possible, could the character's name be changed to Orgrim (Updated the application). If it is not possible I'll simply create antoher char with the new name and ask for the application to be applied to him Smile

Topic Options