Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quests - Lyrinn
There are a lot of "quests" which need to be completed for some of these advanced skills which are new to us.  Spellweaving, chivalry, etc.  We need to know how to implement them on Sanctuary, or how to get around them.

Can you take a look?
The following skills do NOT need a quest:

Bushido
  • Nothing currently sells the Book of Bushido.  
Chivalry 
  • "Keeper of Chivalry" NPC sells the Book of Chivalry
  • Casting requires "tithing points", which you get by donating gold to ankhs. I tried adding gold to an ankh and it didn't work. 
  • Currently does not show up in either the player or GM gump.

Ninjitsu
  • Nothing currently sells the Book of Ninjitsu. 

Mysticism
  • Mystic NPCs sell mystic spellbooks
  • Mystic spellbook doesn't seem to have a valid graphic

The following skills DO need a quest:

Spellweaving

We can either use the quests or there is a .prop called "Spellweaving", which lets the player learn the skill when set to True.
  • There are two different quests that can be done to get spellweaving: "Patience" or "Discipline". 
  • These quests are currently given by "Aeluva" or "Koole" questgiver NPCs. 
  • They are both 5 parts, some of which requires some special spawning. 
If we use the quests, we can easily change how many quests they have to do and what they have to collect. Can probably change what they have to kill too. We will need to edit the dialog (I think it's in the cliloc file) because it mentions "Sosaria". 

If we just want spellweaving to be accessible right away, we can set the .prop to true on character creation.
Thank you Lyrinn,

I definitely do not want to implement quests for skills. We think that implementing quests for other types of things is a better plan, so go ahead and turn off the quest for spell weaving please by setting the prop.

Please try and fix the Ankh.

As for the books, and what they sell on, I think that we need to address that along with which npc train which, tho I do understand we don't need to train via the vendors. I'm going to go take a look at the guild masters.
Here we go. Lets consolidate all the training and book sales into these guys on the last post here:

http://forums.sanctuaryshard.com/showthr...212#pid212
"Currently does not show up in either the player or GM gump."
This is a two part issue, one of which I think Mith has already fixed, but the real issue is that farming has taken over chivalry and this needs to be undone.

"Mystic spellbook doesn't seem to have a valid graphic"
This was released as part of Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss which we don't have, nor do we have any of the graphics for this either the spell book, or probably none of the gumps, nor spell icons.
Correct, as far as I know nothing mysticism-related has a graphic. Do we want to axe the skill or redirect graphics to like, a dyed magery spellbook and dyed magery scrolls?
I discussed this with Mith last night. There are going to be at least a dozen graphics to implement Mysticism, including the book pack graphic, the book Gump and all the spell icons. We are going to disable Mysticism for now, and then see what we can do to upgrade our client to High Seas (one version after Stygian Abyss) at some point after we go live.

So for now, we will disable it, and come back to the situation later.
Spellweaving is now enabled by default.
Topic Options