Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.repurposed (On Hold)
Okay, so the name is not exactly great... it could really be .repurposed .disassemble .scavenge... And the list goes one.

But the idea is, to eliminate hording of magical items by giving people the option to disassemble the item. You would get something small in return in terms of resources, maybe some wood, kindling, or ingots--I'm honestly not sure. I don't think the reward has to be much in terms of resources, (I don't want to tip the scales and ruin peoples resource/gathering craft skills), but something small.

I personally LOVE getting magical items, even the low level ones because it's fun to see the drop on a mob, but often I don't need the items and do end up trashing it. I just trashed a bunch of them five minutes ago.

I think something like this could encourage others to get them out of the game so they are not horded, while still giving people the thrill of seeing them drop etc. Obviously this idea could use suggestions. This is also something I would see waaaayyyyy down the list. It's not a priority. But it could be cool.

P.S. I know almost nothing about scripting, so if this seems like a hard job, completely ignore me. Smile

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
This was something we had in Guild wars and I'm all for the idea.
This is part of what the imbuing skill did. It unraveled items into base components.
I looked this up on the website and got the standard message that the skill does not properly function, may never, or in the future may and we will allow a skill swap. Not sure if this is currently in the works or not and this is not an approved wish... however, if it is decided that it could/should be approved. I'm happy to vote it up and pledge gold towards it.

2,500 gold, from Dalija Morskaia.

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Mithril and I feel that this is just the beginning of a larger design and want to put this on hold.
Making a note here .... GW2 did this, it gave you some items back, some rare crafting items, and luck that you could use to find more magic. It required salvage kits which were a gold sink. If we do something simple like that I think it would be a nice addition.
Topic Options