Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Murat
Discord Id - Murat
Previous Characters- None
Character Name - Murat  (Johnathan Reed)
Character Race & Sub-Race- Summon & Constructs > Demon Possession
Alternate Graphic - Sewer Rat
Character Description - Murat is a small, fox faced man with sharp features. He stands just shy of 5’2, short enough to be mistaken for a boy and possess a wiry figure. Two oddly large eyes sit on his thin face. The unnaturally bright hazel irises are over large and overtake nearly all of the white. He has a head of thick, straight, vibrant auburn hair that is chopped at shoulder length. His skin is sun kissed with even complexion. His top teeth are angled inward, his canine slightly elongated granting his smile a feline quality. Across his left eyebrow is a single, faint scar. He appears to be somewhere in his late-twenties. His voice is smooth slow drawl. 

Shard Plot Line - Harbinger of the Imperium Saecularia sent to Sancturary to free the populace from the chains that bind them. Be it tyranny or faith.
Special Role-play Ability- Night sight, due to his demonic possession and the ability to transform into a rat. 
Previous World - Many worlds serving the Imperium.
Backstory -
Johnathan remembered the first time the Imperium walked through his village. How he climbed upon a barrel to get a glimpse of crimson cloaks flowing behind black hued iron. He could remember the silence they brought with them. The awe. He knew in that moment he would wear that cloak someday.

Though tired from the day’s labour he would always make time to train with sticks in the backyard of the farmstead. Smacking trees for hours on end until father called out for supper. He would awake hours before the sun and sprint to town to hear the latest news of the Imperium. Listening to the stories as they moved across the continent delivering freedom to all they met. Each bit of gossip becoming gospel. 

On his fourteenth nameday he left before sunrise never to return. 

Johnathan served in the Imperium for over a decade. An accomplished soldier with a natural inclination towards the sword. Though he took no pleasure in the spilling of blood he understood the necessity of it. Understood that reason could not come to all and where honeyed words failed honed iron did not. He knew better now the righteousness of their crusade. Knew the truths of the world. Not just this one but of all of them. Tyranny’s chains had reached far, it’s corruption a blight upon existence. He would be the one to see it cleansed. 

They had told him he was to receive recognition for his service. A promotion maybe but he suspected something more. He had seen glimpses of those the Queen had bestowed gifts upon. Unaging, untiring. Such was the reward for devotion. To serve the Queen eternal was a gift he would eagerly accept. 

They were curious creatures. Skittering and scraping. Gnawing and biting. He watched mother eat babe and babe grow to turn upon mother. They seemed to be driven solely by a hunger. A hunger Murat understood. A hunger he shared. And so he fed them. Upon sight of the first morsel they swarmed. Over time...weeks, years, centuries the swarming stopped and they came in slow trickles. They brought gifts of their own. Rings, beads, babes who's breath laid still. Murat would take them, feeling an inequity in the exchange. 

Inequity he would feel again upon the Queen’s arrival. The exchange now not for mere morsels of flesh but for his very life. What choice was there but to accept? 
Thumbs up
Thumbs up.
Thumbs Up!    I'm really enjoying his description.
I love Murat's very different outlook on things, but how did Johnathan/Murat  arrive in Sanctuary? The story about him growing up watching and then joining the Imperium Saecularia leads me to believe that he's supposed to be a native, which is not allowed. He may, however, arrive any time within the last 10 years.
Hello.

Summons/Constructs cannot be created by a deity. I'm not sure if that is what is happening here by the story, if the queen was a deity of sorts or not, I just wanted to make sure that was not the case.

As for your answer to the shard story-line:

Quote:Harbinger of the Imperium Saecularia.

This is more of a position, not a defined answer. I imagine that you will be participating in the story-line, since you are already part of a Noble House, but I would appreciate a bit more elaboration to that sentence. Maybe as to his motivation, if possible.

http://www.sanctuaryshard.com/index.php?..._Plot_Line

Rosario is also correct, we just need a confirmation that Murat has not been here more than the ten-year cap, and a sentence or two about his arrival would be great.

I want to end by saying this is a GOOD application, and I enjoyed the story, but a few things need to be clarified before I can get this approved. As it is, please enjoy the Summer Isles, the main map is not available yet, and you still have time to amend the app before the release of the main map.

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Good App, just pending the questions here. I think I know the answer to one of them, he grew up in the world the Imperium is from in their story yes?
Yep, Lara! He came from the world they just got done conquering before coming to this one.

One of the gifts followers in the Imperium can get is demon possession. Murat was a demon in another world who agreed to possess Johnathan and serve the Queen rather than be destroyed. The ritual itself would be performed by the Imperium. The offer by the Queen being more abstract than a face to face meeting and would be part of the ritual summoning. 

I edited the shard story-line section of the app with a bit more detail.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!
alll good, approved!
Topic Options