Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Karl Anslem
Discord Id - Flasmix

Previous Characters - None

Character Name - Karl Anslem

Character Race & Sub-Race- Human, Lich

Alternate Graphic - Lich

Character Description - Once a man, Anslem is a lich with rotted skin stretched tightly over his skull. His eye sockets are empty, save for a red pinprick of light. He stands six feet tall, he carries himself with determination.

Shard Plot Line - Anslem is on a never-ending quest for power and will join a House that will both tolerate the presence of a Lich, as well as allow him to grow in the power he seeks.

Special Role-play Ability- Soul-Bind: Instead of a special phylactery most Liches use, Anslem can bind his soul to an area. Upon his death, his body will reform in this special area after some time. He can change the location of the bind with a ritual, but it takes some time.

Backstory - Bishop Karl Anslem lead a coup against the College of Bishops and executed those who had lead to the Church’s fall from grace. He gains support of the citizenry from this and was appointed to Archbishop. Over the next few years, he ordered the kidnapping and experimentation upon Republic citizens. Many atrocities were committed by him and his followers: dark magic to subvert souls, mutation, torture.  In an attempt to find the location of those called the Resolvists, the originators of the Torment, the plague that had devastated the world, he was betrayed and killed by a Cambion. Due to his dark magic, his soul was bound to the ruins of his monastery. Cultists who would attempt to release the soul bind so Anslem could walk free would make a grave mistake, transporting the Lich to another realm instead.
"Special Role-play Ability- Soul-Bind: Instead of a special phylactery most Liches use, Anslem can bind his soul to an area. Upon his death, his body will reform in this special area after some time. He can change the location of the bind with a ritual, but it takes some time."

Just so long as you understand that there can be temporary "death" in the RPCSS system where you character may be stuck in ghost form for a few weeks at a time or even captured and held. If your able to work this into his roleplay of the spirit trying to find the phylactery, or still trying to reform I don't see any issue with it. Otherwise, typical Lich stuff, right? Tongue
Very different! Interested to see how he fits into RP.

Thumbs up, with Wormwood's note.
Thumbs up, pending the aforementioned note!

Contrary to popular belief, the wings of demons are the same as the wings of angels, although they're often better groomed.

--Neil Gaiman
Thumbs up, also with the understanding of Wormwood's comment.
Also a thumbs up from me with the note from Wormwood.

And I heard a voice say, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?", and I said "Here I am. Send me"
approved
Topic Options