Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House doors and AOS (approved) (Lara question)
Today we found a possible bug where a razor user can bypass a secured private homes door locks. 

Lyrrin was able to go through my locked door without being friended or co-owner. 

Changed locks and made sure its set to private and she was able to replicate it. Doors also do not have access levels when single clicking.

Through the darkness, I am once again born and whole.

[Image: 6yejUdPm.jpg]
Does not appear to be just Razor. I was able to open the doors without Razor too.
So this is actually caused by AOS being disabled! If AOS is disabled, the code is set to just let anyone open the door. I am reviewing what all would be affected if I set the houses to use AOS functions.
For my home (I'm not certain this works for all homes. That would require more testing), you need to go to your house sign and select "Change House Locks." This will give you a golden key that will act as a house key. You can double click this key and target a door to lock it. This keeps people from coming in through that door, but not going out. This also keeps Razor from kicking through the door when it's locked.

Currently, you can't single click the door to set it's access level though. If you want to allow others in, you have to talk to a tinker to have a duplicate key made from an iron key for them.
Okay so the question is: Do we want houses to function as they do post-AOS? It's a flag in the housing code called "isAOSRules" that is currently set to false.

If we set it to true, it would have the following effects:
  • Single-clicking doors, containers, and locked down books lets you set access level (owner, co-owner, friends, anyone)
  • If the home is private, people can't open the door and ALSO can't even go in the house. Like a force field.
  • People without access to the house cannot recall or gate into it.
  • There are some rules which limit how many times you can attack someone in their house in a given time period.
  • Will need to test to make sure this doesn't affect vendors.
  • Some shenanigans with types of houses that might conflict with our custom town houses but I'm not sure.

Alternatively, I can try to switch it on JUST for secures and house entry, and leave the other stuff off. That might be the safest option...
As far as I can tell you cannot recall into or gate into a house as is [mainly because you cant mark inside one?] You MAY be able to recall or gate off your key [that used to work with boats not sure on houses].

If we are voting I vote to have it pre-AOS it feels better for RP IMO [if we dont get votes ignore me haha] but basically your giving your house magical functions without the use of guards. Or RP of any sort. And a magical force field or ways to magically control house restrictions feels more OOC than IG. But I understand both sides
Thank you Lyrrin Mith and I will get back to you.
Bump, Mith and I still need to discuss.
Topic Options