Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Katya Róisin
Absolutely!

I always really loved reading lore about faeries/fey folk being "bound" to speak the truth, as part of their nature -- so maybe being a little tactless, naive, or innocent when asked questions meant to elicit a more subtle response. ("How are you feeling today, Katya?" "Pretty horrible, I woke up with a headache, my left foot hurts, I argued with a tree for most of the morning about who is the most attractive in Spring -- he won, by the way -- I really need to go the bathroom right now and the color of your shirt displeases me," etc etc.) 

But maybe if she was asked something by someone, and she KNEW the answer might be considered rude/blunt/awkward,she would go to great lengths to "talk around" the "blunt" answer. (Example -- "How's my strawberry tart? I spent all morning baking it for you!" "The tart is a very nice tart. The crust is golden brown, the strawberries are red, there is steam rising from it, it is sitting on the windowsill, you made it for me and I am appreciative that you made it for me...." -- rather than "Horrible, it's totally not my thing, I hate strawberries!")

Contrary to popular belief, the wings of demons are the same as the wings of angels, although they're often better groomed.

--Neil Gaiman
That is a really fun idea, what I'd like to suggest is that your actual rp ability be something that when she is bullied/forced into lying something happens, like a glass breaks, if you keep it up, more glass breaks.
Oooh, yes, okay, I love that!

Should I just refine it down to one specific thing/result -- like the glass breaking? That way, it would keep things simple and I wouldn't confuse anyone by making up a bunch of random other things happening?

My tentative idea (mostly because I probably will be "outdoors" more than "indoors" while RPing? I could be wrong!):

Maybe if she is forced to lie/attempting to lie, the grass or leaves around here might turn brown/dried up, or a few leaves may dry up and fall from trees or shrubs around her? (I love this idea, haha, but clearly am not great at actually implementing it, now that I'm thinking of it!)

Contrary to popular belief, the wings of demons are the same as the wings of angels, although they're often better groomed.

--Neil Gaiman
That is just want I'm thinking of yes.
I think I'll go with the dying/drying-up leaves idea, if you're okay with that! I like it! <3

--Neil Gaiman
Yup, all approved.
First post on this thread edited/updated, to reflect shard plotline question!

--Neil Gaiman
Topic Options