Discord Id:
Katya #7341

Character Name:
Katya Róisin

Character Race & Sub-Race:
Race: Muiri.  
Sub-race: Pixie, Summer Court-inclined.

Alternate Graphic:

The small pixie from Inside UO (I'm not sure exactly what it's called) would be completely fine, if possible! 

[Image: 64579825_638788523269730_625528816200476...e=5DBE869D]

Character Description: 

[Image: d61qc5g-f5cc8d2e-ec36-48f2-b2a5-b6e2fef4...n9GpouhYDs]

Katya stands slightly taller than an average human female, reaching just under six feet. She is delicately-featured, with a snub nose and a smattering of light golden freckles (resembling dusty bee pollen) sprinkled across her cheeks. Her ears are long, rising to a delicate point, and typically ornamented with entwined flowers. Katya’s complexion is that of creamy milk and fresh spring peaches. 

Her eyes are large, almond-shaped, and the colour of warm clover honey; carrying slightly more luminescence than those of a human — particularly in the dark. Her eyes can change colour (as shown above), but only with very strong emotion. 

She typically ornaments her simple, flowing clothing with bits of leaves, feathers, flower petals (or entire bunches of flowers themselves, on a good day), seashells, and stones or minor gems that appeal to her. The scent of jasmine, honey, and rainfall is wreathed closely about her, regardless of the weather. 

Katya’s hair tumbles gracefully to the small of her back — on a sunny day, it is a coppery halo of tumbling crimson curls. However, her hair colour often shifts to the pale green of soft, mossy ferns; particularly if she's amidst a very green environment. 

Diaphanous wings akin to those of a butterfly lay quietly against Katya’s slender back, the rounded tips coming to a rest just above her ankles. They are the color of clear amber, with silvery veins running throughout. Her wings are warm, and very sensitive to touch. She is easily able to cover these wings with a cloak or shawl. She is able to revert to a much smaller form, if she wishes -- resembling a pixie, but not changing in appearance other than size. 

She possesses a fraternal twin sister who harbors close ties to the Winter Court, and constantly chafes at the fact that she was born three minutes after her elder sister. Though each sister embodies a very different aspect of the two Courts, Katya adores her sister and attempts to emulate her often (which leads to, likely, mild entertainment for others, as the playful breezes of Summer aren’t always able to properly emulate the elegant winds of Winter). Family is very important to her, and this is something she is always aware of.

Katya is quite curious, and often forgets “human manners” (and personal space) when something catches her interest. However, she immediately respects any boundaries that are asked of her by those she associates with — once she makes a mistake, it does not happen again. 

Anything containing iron is an issue for the Muiri, and it is highly suggested not to bring items such as these in close proximity. The touch of iron immediately weakens, sickens, and disorients her. 

Character Kingdom --
Raeyithia.

Shard Plot Line --
Katya intends to assist in leading the Wild Hunt to greatness by maintaining
 control of the Kingdom of Raeyithia and surrounding lands. This will also be done through political RP and the RPCSS system. Katya simply wishes to look out for the best interests of her Muiri family, and to support her elder sister Caelestia's political ambitions. She is more interested in using her own (game mechanic and RP) hiding and stealth skills in order to help further Caelestia's political ambitions, rather than filling that role herself. 

Special Role-play Trait --
If you want to claim an ability that can not be represented with UO skill you must list it here or the players can call you on it.

Words are power to the Fey Folk, and this holds true when interacting with Katya. Though she will not — and cannot tell a lie — as a result, she’s become quite… creative, and artful, in order to get around this, if need be.

Backstory --
400 characters or less. We just want to know where they are coming from and what they like to do. You may not play a native to Sanctuary, but your character can have arrived any time within the last 10 years.

Though Katya arrived with little memory of her time in Grimmwold, she has spent the past few years in Sanctuary attempting to find her twin sister -- one of the few memories she can *feel*. Summer without Winter stagnates, after all. She recently (and happily) managed to accomplish this, and they’ve set about the task of tailoring fine clothing (not without a bit of Fey magic) and dabbling in creating delicious honeyed meads and unique wines.

Contrary to popular belief, the wings of demons are the same as the wings of angels, although they're often better groomed.

--Neil Gaiman
Hey Katya, the Sidhe is a pretty undefined term. Most often the Sidhe are referred to as the Aos Si, or the daoine sìth. This makes them one of the noble born Fae, which means they are not Muiri but rather Aelfeyn.

I think you can take this either direction, but you'll need to address the conflict with calling your sub-race sidhe when that's part of the Aelfeyn. I'll go update the race page to clarify that these three names are actually all the same.

Message me in discord if you want to discuss.
Absolutely, application currently edited to reflect the change! "Sidhe" to "Pixie." All mention of "Sidhe" are now clear of the app. 

RP Trait edited down to one selected non-mech-supported ability!

Contrary to popular belief, the wings of demons are the same as the wings of angels, although they're often better groomed.

--Neil Gaiman
Question on your shape change. I've just added this to the app, as it was missing:

Alternate Graphic
If you want to shape change into a different UO graphic, what graphic is it. (It helps if you give us the name out of Inside UO, or a link to a picture of the graphic.)
Edited, added idea regarding specifications for an appropriate shapechange graphic!

--Neil Gaiman
This is good. I don't personally see a big difference between the butterfly wings and your description of your dragon fly wings ... and I doubt anyone else will either, BUT ... just to make sure that we have a clean setting I wrote these up and want to make sure you've seen this page:

http://www.sanctuaryshard.com/index.php?...rs_(Rules)
Absolutely, read and understood!

To eliminate any confusion, I'll just go ahead and edit the app -- removing dragonfly, replacing it with butterfly instead (I had no huge preference), to help more accurately reflect the shapechange graphic!

--Neil Gaiman
Edit has been made in description, please let me know if there are any additional problems/tweaks that may be more appropriate! =)

--Neil Gaiman
thumbs up
Reviewing all RP traits:

Special Role-play Trait --

Words are power to the Fey Folk, and this holds true when interacting with Katya. Though she will not — and cannot tell a lie — as a result, she’s become quite… creative, and artful, in order to get around this, if need be.

Can you explain how this might represent itself in game?

We expect that all characters will come into Sanctuary with a wide range of racial varieties. We expect that you will use existing game mechanics, items, skills, etc to support any racial or personal ability that you want to claim in your RP. However, you may document ONE ability that can not be represented by mechs, and doesn't require visual in-game support to sell. Please keep it to something that lasts the length of the RP session. 
Topic Options