Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wildcrafting xp
So, question... the book skill Wildcrafting (harvesting reagents) doesn't seem to be increasing its parent skill (lumberjacking).  Is this a bug or by design?

Should probably check the other bookskills as well for consistency/working as intended.

Edit:  Apparently I may just be a bugged freek.   XD   Will try to collect more data.
Anyone who has done wildcrafting, if you get consistent skill gains from it (or go for hours without one), please post here to let me know!

It IS harder to gain skill above 80, but you are *supposed* to be able to gain from wildcrafting.
My lumberjacking is 83.0. I have been harvesting herbs for approximately two hours, nonstop, without a single gain (it was 83.0 when I started.)

Alternatively, I turned on my hiding macro, and had two gains (73.0 to 73.2) in the first 5 minutes.

UPDATE:
I switched to harvesting logs from trees. Went from 83.0 to 83.3 in half an hour of chopping, and then 83.3 to 83.8 in the subsequent milling (about ten minutes).
I've gained lumberjacking in mine. I thought it was possibly passive gains, but I went up about 4 points over a single day (off and on).

[Image: Raewyn-Signiture.jpg]
I took a look at the code. You SHOULD be getting skill gains from Wildcrafting, and I'm getting gains on my PC, but slowly. One difference between milling and gathering herbs is that gathering herbs is much slower so the skill checks are less frequent.

Also keep in mind that skill gain at 80+ is slower than skill gain at 70.

I'm going to close this for now. If you consistently see this issue, reopen it and post.
Topic Options