Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dustran's Application
Discord: Marcelo#4932

Character name: Dustran the Ranger, Dustran Elenaryon

Character Race & Subrace: Human - Half-Human, Half-Aelfeyn

Alternate Graphic: None

Character Description: He often wears a hood as it makes traversing the wilds easier, but the few occasions he does not, a mess of unkempt light brown hair cascades from every angle of his head, covering most of his face. A pale stubble covers his cheeks, chin and mustache, covering the expanse of oddly youthful traits that are often castigated by the sun and cuts earned from the untamed wilds the man ventures to daily. The one trait of him that seems to always sparkle one's attention, though, is the pair of bright emerald eyes that shimmer with an unnatural glint alongside the odd leaf-shaped tips of his ears. He favors a sword over the bow yet often carries the two of them.

Character Picture: https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/ima...1529205041

Kingdom: Raeythia

Special Role-play ability: None, but feels dreadful near burial sites and is bothered by silver. 

Backstory: He seldom speaks, and it is even more rare to find him roaming cities and villages. When he does, he seems to focus on collect provisions for his next journey. He roams the countryside, and has been known for venturing to places deemed dangerous. Few people trust him, and even fewer dare to waste their time with him for there have been rumors of him, and men such as him, being responsible for robberies in the roads. The true story behind him and his erratic deeds, though, is quite often remembered by the ancient ones, and those that dwell in the woods.
So I really love the concept of a Ranger/scout type character as they've been some of my favorite templates to play. The mysterious ranger type always reminds me of Aragorn from Lord of the Rings and he is and always will be my favorite character in a book. Yet he also had a strong social structure that he served and banded with many in the end.

Perhaps as a means to not only be able to generate some good RP you could align yourself with one of the Noble Houses and maybe work for them, or possibly do contracts for hunting etc with the crafters ( and man are there a lot of them) to bring back crafting resources from your hunts, and generate some RP from there? Being that this world is heavily driven by politics and much revolves around the noble houses and the power struggles I would hate to see you miss out on amazing RP opportunities.

I love the character premise so this has a thumbs up from me, but I do hope you plan to get involved in the RP as the world unfolds, and the political intrigue unfolds.

Through the darkness, I am once again born and whole.

[Image: 6yejUdPm.jpg]
*Seconds what Shak said*

I really think you can have fun with this character type if you find a way to incorporate him and get him involved with some role-play.

Thumbs Up!

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Thirds what Shak said, thumbs up!

Contrary to popular belief, the wings of demons are the same as the wings of angels, although they're often better groomed.

--Neil Gaiman
Ditto Shak. Wink Thumbs up.
Entering the echo chamber. Thumbs up! looking forward to rping with you!

And I heard a voice say, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?", and I said "Here I am. Send me"
Approved. Welcome. Smile

1 1
(08-04-2019, 05:13 PM)Shak-Fu Wrote: So I really love the concept of a Ranger/scout type character as they've been some of my favorite templates to play. The mysterious ranger type always reminds me of Aragorn from Lord of the Rings and he is and always will be my favorite character in a book. Yet he also had a strong social structure that he served and banded with many in the end.

Perhaps as a means to not only be able to generate some good RP you could align yourself with one of the Noble Houses and maybe work for them, or possibly do contracts for hunting etc with the crafters ( and man are there a lot of them) to bring back crafting resources from your hunts, and generate some RP from there? Being that this world is heavily driven by politics and much revolves around the noble houses and the power struggles I would hate to see you miss out on amazing RP opportunities.

I love the character premise so this has a thumbs up from me, but I do hope you plan to get involved in the RP as the world unfolds, and the political intrigue unfolds.

Aragon was always my favourite as well! I also won't lie, there's a slight bit of nostalgia to this. I was an UO roleplayer for a long time and the errant ranger was definetly one of my most succcesful characters.

I certainly intend to search for different ways to generate RP and also get into the house system. I was actually noticing that there is a group of forest wards being made as well, and that'd fit like a glove. 

Also, thank all of you very much for all the thumbs up - I am looking forward to RP as well, although I'm about to make a trip in RL, so I should be off for a fortnight or so.

But as soon as I'm back I'm rangering the #@# out of all of you. Big Grin
*smiles* We look forward to having you in game and rp'ing with you. Safe trip!

1 1
Topic Options