Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honey Goldenbell App
Discord Id - Rosario#5452

Previous Characters - Rosario, Alabaster, Fafnir Gale, Bevel Belreive (Horror) -- All on Grimmwold

Character Name - Honey Goldenbell

Character Race & Sub-Race - Muiri, sheep faun

Alternate Graphic - None

Character Description - Honey is an imposingly tall (6'8"), sturdy faun woman. Curly woolen locks of firy red hair accentuate her freckled, perpetually smiling face. Grassy green, ever dreary eyes are socketed into her sweet face. A pair of, small, underdeveloped, ram-like horns hide within the wild hair atop her head. Fur, which matches her hair color, appears from the knees down, all the way to a set of cloven hooves in place of feet. Both of which are generally kept out of sight; stuffed into a pair of boots she likely made herself to accommodate just such a thing.  Her droopy pointed ears are also not unlike a sheep's. Compared to most fauns or satyrs, Honey is quite a bit more human-like in appearance.

Shard Plot Line - Honey is, in simplest terms, a gullible sightseer who's left her flock. While she is currently pretty aimless, she will very much want to find a flock in order to gain some security and a sense of family, perhaps, in this dangerous world. There is safety in numbers. Despite being no good at fighting for herself, Honey is no pacifist and has grown quite adept at getting others to fight her battles for her, or to talk her way out of trouble entirely.  There is always a loyal dog who will chase away the wolves or a lonely shepherd that is willing to trade their watchful eyes for some warm wool.

Character Kingdom - Raeyithia

Special Role-play Ability - Honey may weave her own weary, sleepy, drowsiness into fabrics, making for the most wonderful pillows, comforters, blankets, and pajamas.

Backstory - Coveted for her talent in tailoring beautiful, not to mention magical, quilts, Honey's younger years were spent cooped up at the simple, incredibly dull, Goldenbell farm. Though she was technically forced to stay and work, those labors kept her dreary and content, both of which were requirements for interlacing her own sleepiness into her works of art and fashion. Eventually though, her boredom overcame her sensibilities, and she promptly and wordlessly ran away with nothing but the clothes on her back! She was off on an adventure.

At first, traveling the world was all the excitement she could have hoped for. That excitement only lasted so long, however, and before too terribly long, Honey found herself terribly lost. The rolling green plains had long gone and the view was replaced with craggy stone and grey skies. It was only when she was truly lost that the gods perhaps intervened, guiding her to Sanctuary. 
I feel like this one may want for commenting by Lara.

The rule is WYSIWYG aside from minor details like eye color. I'm not sure if something like this using the human form is pushing that too far, even if she is 'mostly human looking'.

Graphical questions aside, the concept seems like a great one.
If I could figure out some sort of hat or helmet that gives horns but doesn't cover her face, the hooved legs would be hidden beneath boots 99% of the time. That said, aside from the orcish mask, I don't recall if there's an item I can use to give horns.
Ros, did you read the WYSIWYG page cuz I love the character idea, but I just have no idea how you are going to do the horns.  Maybe claim the are smaller, more like nubs?  Then they would be small enough that they wouldn't show on the avatar.

The problem with using a helm is that people might be like ... "uh that's a helmet", and they wouldn't be wrong ... The reason for the wysiwyg is not to require players to see something they KNOW is one thing as being another thing.
There is a kind of "deer head" one can use as a hat in the original UO, with horns. Looks a bit like Cernunnos, if you see what i mean.
Her hair is already curly and woolly, if the horns were just tiny, tightly curled against her head, they could easily be explained as blending into her hair.

[Image: Raewyn-Signiture.jpg]
Yeah, I did read the WYSIWYG page. I just didn't even think about the horns until Nir pointed it out. Woops!

I can absolutely just play her with smaller horns that don't even peek out from the mop she calls hair. Or I could just as easily always have her wearing some kinda hat to cover up where they'd be. Either which way is perfectly acceptable to me. Smaller horns would probably pose fewer issues in the long run though, I do admit!

Lemme just fix that now.

--All fixed now!--
Thumbs up, I love this idea!

Contrary to popular belief, the wings of demons are the same as the wings of angels, although they're often better groomed.

--Neil Gaiman
thumbs up!

And I heard a voice say, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?", and I said "Here I am. Send me"
Approved, with the change Lara suggested about the horns. Smile

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Topic Options