Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master NPCs (Lyrrin)
I have split off this thread into actionable items.
  • I want all the skills to be trainable by all of the following NPCs which we are calling "Masters" as oppose to guild masters because we are not using any type of guild thing for them.
  • I want all books for book skills to be sold on these same Master NPCs.
Just scroll past my list of shops on Summer Island.
I feel like we could organize this list of guild masters better. 
Lets make a new list that's a bit more organized based on this:
http://www.sanctuaryshard.com/index.php?...UserManual

Combat Skills
  • Master Minstrel- Trains discordance, musicianship, peacemaking, and provocation, along with the bard mastery book.
  • Weapon Master - Trains archery, fencing, focus, mace fighting, parry, swordsmanship, tactics, throwing and wrestling.
  • Master Healer - healing, anatomy, meditation, resisting spells, evaluate intelligence, spirit speak
  • Master-At-Arms - trains bushido, chivalry and ninjitsu and any necessary books
  • Master Mage- Magery, Mysticism, Necromancy, and Spellweaving. Include books
  • Spy Master - all of the thieving skills.  http://www.sanctuaryshard.com/index.php?...ing_Skills
  • Master Warden- all of the wilderness skills, exclude herding which I want on the Farm Master. http://www.sanctuaryshard.com/index.php?...ess_Skills
Resource and Craft Skills grouped by resources
  • Farm Master - farming, herding, tailoring, cooking, alchemy, taste identification.  Plus all the relevant book skills for these crafts/resources.
  • Dock Master - fishing, cartography, item identification. Plus all the relevant book skills for these crafts/resources.
  • Master Woodsman - lumberjack, bower/fletcher, inscription, carpentry. Plus all the relevant book skills for these crafts/resources.
  • Master Metalsmith - mining, tinkering, black smithing, arms lore. Plus all the relevant book skills for these crafts/resources.

This has been added to the wiki: http://www.sanctuaryshard.com/index.php?...ain_Skills
All new guildmasters are implemented. They train the skills as described above and sell any relevant book skills that are currently implemented. The guildmasters are named (and can be added in game) as follows:
MasterMinstrel, WeaponsMaster, MasterHealer, MasterAtArms, MasterMage, SpyMaster, MasterWarden, FarmMaster, DockMaster, MasterWoodsman, MasterMetalsmith

The only skills that are not found in the above lists are: Imbuing, Artistry.
Where should Artistry go? I'm assuming Imbuing is not included because it's disabled.

When we combine arms lore, item ID, and taste ID into 'forensics', should that still be trained by the Spy Master?
I think the "thief" npc already might train the last three you wanted for spymaster.

I can add the others to the spawner tonight! Thank you!

Can you add Artirsty to the "Glassblower" NPC?
Update: The book of bard masteries doesn't exist in our code.
Bard mastery book should go on game wish list pending a client update.

Add artistry to woodsman.

Wormwood the point of the master NPCS was to have one consolidated set of NPCs that had all the training and all of the books as per the first post in this thread.
Will add artistry.

From your other thread about spawnables, do we want the master NPCs to ALSO sell basic newbie items related to the skills they train? Or just the skill books?
Let me explain the goal ... i dont want prospective players to log in via auto account and get pissed off that they can't even PLAY because we forgot to make something obvious available, I'd rather err on the side of helpful then strict.
And if we can put it all on that short list and be like ... Heres the dudes and here is where they are, then we dont have to document the entire disorganized cluttered mess of all the others ... so then ...

Yes I want newbie items on the Master NPCs.
I'm going to mark this as closed.

I think that we have gotten most of the newbie items up on a vendor some where, those that we missed, such as cooking, are already posted individually as bugs.
Topic Options