Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ship Travel (Lyrrin)
On Comraich ... old Comraich I think ... we had a means of travel between towns that I loved ... it was via ship's captains.

You'd buy a ticket from the ship captain, and then it would move you to a ship on the ocean in an area off in the dungeon area for a minute or two, play ship sounds, and then drop you off at your destination.  

Can we see if that's in the current scripts, if not, I'd like to have this scripted before we go live.

Lara
I did this for new Comraich, modified from the Grimmwold whirligig. In the current scripts, it's a carriage driver that takes you around. We can change it to ships (or anything really) if you want.

I'll test out how it's working as-is once I have everything building.
This could be simple or a little more complex depending on how we want to go. And by complex, I mean support more than one "mode of travel" depending on destination circumstances (by land for land locked locations, sea for coastal, air for something in the mountains).
Thank you Lyrinn.

That would be great Hal, tho not a priority as the towns I am adding all have docks so that will do to get on with.

Lyrinn, once we have a map I can give you the coords for the ship and you can change the audio file that plays, and we can look at doing Hal's idea then.
Moving to bug boards because we will need for go live.
Do we have a little ship area off on the side of the map?
Good question, let me get back to you.
Made a note to myself to do this, find this.
Okay I found this, but its on the old Comraich map, and I need to have it moved to one of the maps we are going to be using. I'll ask Mith to do this.
This is now on the map0 map along with green acres

5864 3854
Topic Options