gumdrop_thief

Character Name
Aldus Clermont

Character Race & Sub-Race-
Human (Demi-Human)

Alternate Graphic
Just the human graphic.

Character Description
6'2", 180lbs, of an advanced age, complete with grey-white beard and receding hairline, pale of skin with steely blue eyes.

Character Kingdom
Emlyn

Special Role-play Ability
A natural leader, though Aldus is normally soft-spoken, when facing necessity or driven to anger his voice can supernaturally fill any room, cowing onlookers and silencing them momentarily

Backstory

Aldus swung his shield in front of his face, waving away the thick black smoke that obscured his vision and choked his lungs. As he regained his bearings time seemed to slow as he took inventory of his surroundings. What only earlier in the evening was a city street paved in white stone and flanked by market stalls had now become fire and rubble. Foot soldiers scattered in a panic, running in every direction. One, his courage shattered as heavy debris rocketed against a nearby wall, collapsing a tower like a felled tree, dropped his shield in the panic and fled past him. It was time to act before all these men get themselves killed.

Aldus grabbed the frightened footman by his arm before he could get away. He lifted his shield from the ground and forcefully shoved it back into the soldier's hands.

"The gate is bresched! Pull back! Pull back!," Aldus shouted, and to his surprise they listened, forming back into their lines and marching at pace.

He ushered the soldiers through before he followed behind them. He couldn't resist taking one last look back. A field of green monstrosities made their way up through the tiered streets in the distance. Not distant enough.

Nearing the next gate another barrage flew from above, one rock flying through a massive pillar, breaking it in half. The lower half tipped and Aldus saw in horror that below it cast its' shadow upon the same young foot soldier who only a moment ago had dropped his shield. Rushing before thinking, the old man braced his shoulder against the falling architecture, where it landed with a thud audible city blocks away.

The soldier anxiously attempted to help but Aldus pushed him away violently.

"Must I keep saving you, boy?!" he grunted, "Run, damn you!"

Breathing heavily he pushed with all his limited might, sending the pillar crashing to the pavers below him. He limped on towards the gate, but didn't make it on time, the gate thudding shut only some few steps in front of himself. Turning back the sea of green was charging ever closer. He saw the sharp points of their blades and the reds of their eyes.

"Well, old man, you weren't going to live forever."

Drawing his blade with a metallic "shnnk!" he readied himself to fight his last battle with no regrets, when suddenly came an otherworldly shriek. A fell winged beast dived down in a wild arc and snatched the old man up in its talons. As the creature lifted him up into the air he saw upon its back a dark rider and felt chills through his whole body.

Now fifty feet in the air he saw the sun begin to rise on the horizon and the horns of the riders. The reinforcements had arrived! Steeling his nerves he swung his sword above his head at the neck of the beast, but before the blade could meet its target the beast threw him into the sky and he began to plummet towards the battlements far below. Closing his eyes as the air whipped around him he awaited his impending doom once more, but once again it did not come. Opening his eyes he found himself in a tall chamber of grey stone. Light pierced the darkness from high up windows. Had he somehow survived the fall and awoken now after the pain was too distant to remember? No. He was sure that the fall should have killed him. Somehow he never landed. This place seemed wrong somehow. Pushing himself up from the stone below he looked down to see he was upon a massive sarcophagus.

He ran his finger along the inscription: "Here lies King Brutus of the Dúnadan, Ascendant, Incorruptible, Bearer of the Scales of Justice, and Punisher Of All Evils."

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Character Race & Sub-Race
Human, the normal kind of human

>> All player characters are non-native, and humans who are brought here are technically "Demi-humans" in the sense of lesser demo-god/hero. The distinction is because PC are simply way more powerful then native humans, strong enough to stand up against vampires, fey, weres, and such. I'll attempt to reclarify this on the wiki.

>> On reading your story, I can not quite figure out that your character came to this world from a different one within the last 10 years, perhaps it was just too subtle for me to grasp, can you clarify.
(07-25-2019, 08:48 AM)Lara Wrote: Character Race & Sub-Race
Human, the normal kind of human

>> All player characters are non-native, and humans who are brought here are technically "Demi-humans" in the sense of lesser demo-god/hero.  The distinction is because PC are simply way more powerful then native humans, strong enough to stand up against vampires, fey, weres, and such.  I'll attempt to reclarify this on the wiki.

>> On reading your story, I can not quite figure out that your character came to this world from a different one within the last 10 years, perhaps it was just too subtle for me to grasp, can you clarify.
Yeah. I realized after posting that the characters are intended to come from other worlds and not just elsewhere on the planet but I figured the storm could be the conduit through which he came but when I thought about it later I realized there are some plot holes. Namely that I’ve mentioned elsewhere that Brutus was a Dúnadan King which would suggest he was a native making it difficult for my character to have come across on his casket. Is it possible the Dúnadan also traveled worlds? Now that you mention that the characters are more akin to demi-deities it also seems unlikely that my character wouldn’t come alone, or else he would have arrived with a series of unrepresented supermen. I’ll edit to fix some of these things when I get home from work later.
I assumed the Dúnadan King was one from the original Lord of the Rings world that came to Sanctuary as a traveller himself, and loved that idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dúnedain
So then is it possible that Brutus would have passed through Aldus’ world as well?
If they both came from Middle Earth yes.
Okay. Updated
approved
Topic Options