Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Application for Sunfyre (edited, not native anymore)
Discord nickname -
Jules

Previous Characters
Julian, Snowbell, etc tc

Character Name -
Sunfyre

Character Race & Sub-Race-
Muiri- Fairy dragon, faerie dragon, dragon fae 

Alternate Graphic
Fairy dragon or skree

Character/Species Description - ( https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ee/f7/b3/...1bebd8.jpg )
As a hatchling, it is about the size of a domestic lapdog.At full maturity, may get to the size of a medium-small. Females are often bigger than males, reaching the size of a medium dog. The species may feature dragon wings or butterfly wings, but this one has dragon wings. His scales are reddish and have an iridescent tone according to the light, a  typical trait of fairy dragons. His body proportions indicate this is still a newborn,. His tries of intimidating roars sound rather adorable instead of terrifying.

Their diet is based in mainly bugs and slugs as hachlings, but at adult size they might eat rodents or birds aswell. For some unknown reason, they tend to eat ugly animals instead of those they find beautiful. A young fairy dragon would rather eat a grasshopper instead of a butterfly.. Hatchlings can breath fire, but it would barely light a campfire if its not windy. The abilities to speak and to glamour in humanoid form are learned, not innate.
Fairy dragons can also "change color" like chameleons. At infant stage, they can even glamour a cammouflage. That trait is not common in adults, thou

Shard Plot Line (Strengths & Weaknesses)-
Strengths: Despites being diminute, and innofensive, he is a dragon at heart. His personality is still forming, since he barely left the eggshell about two weeks ago. 
Weaknesses:  combining the natures  dragons and fae, fairy dragons are obsessed with hoarding and with gems. Being still a hatchling, he will pretty much form his personality according to his experiences
Special Role-play Ability-
His scales can change their color much like chameleons and octopuses do.  In human glamour, this color changing is limited to the hair
Previous World
The only other world he knows was inside the eggshell. This character is native to the universe of D&D, his egg was stolen by a planeswalker mage whoever knows where. He may not even be aware of it, though

Backstory -

Being born like two weeks ago in the only known fairy dragon nesting site, Sunfyre has not much to tell about his short life. He was hidden when a group of humanoids entered the cave where they nested. While some other hatchlings went home with the humans, he stood there. He plans on tracking those humanoids, sometime. There are two children from a nearby camp that often come to play and sometimes bring him and occasional scrap of meat. He threatens them with roars, but lacks any actual power to fend them off. At least they bring food as offerings, and he even started to like the name "Sunfyre" the girl gave him.  

The fairy dragons in D & D universe are smarter than ours, being even capable of communicating. Despite being intelligent animals,they were very prized as pets or trophies by the aristocrats from the magocracy of Aglarond. Due to the difficulty of breeding dragon fae in captivity, the easiest way to get one to grow affection towards the mage was to steal eggs from their nests, even in other planes and wait for them to hatch. Except that -this- ocasional egg was accidentally dropped by the planeswalker while...well, planeswalking. And for some reason, from the dimensional void, it ended up finding its way into Sanctuary.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(This app/character is adorable)
(07-20-2020, 04:06 PM)Lyrrin Wrote: Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(This app/character is adorable)
Awwww thanks hon <3 is that a thumbs up?
Yes it is Smile
*paws*
Sidenote added after talking it to Lara:

Due to a matter of WYGIWYS and graphics, the fairy dragons are born really tiny and reach their full adult size in a few hours, reaching about the size of a small-medium dog. As in reptiles, females are often bigger than males
A lovely character idea, I really like the way Sunfyre is created from an existing story line. I look forward to seeing how it plays out.

A 'thumbs up' from me Smile
Hello. This is a very creative application and it is obvious you spent some time thinking about the character.

This character seems Native to Sanctuary from the application (perhaps I have read it wrong or that was not the intention), but that's how it reads. If you are going for native could you please select one of the sub-races that are Native, since those are the only type of Native character we want to approve at present. I think this particular character could work for this sub-race...

http://www.sanctuaryshard.com/index.php?title=Sylphid

If however you don't want to be one of the Native sub-races then the other option would be to stipulate that the Fairy Dragon is not part of this world and simply found itself here shortly after hatching.

Bottom line Julian, you are a good rper and I'm sure you are going to make this character work/be interesting--please select one of the two options so we can get this character approved. Smile

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Awww thank you for your nice words, Daisy. I'm a big fan of your work in... All of our worlds pretty much. I didn't specify besides muiri-fairy dragon or dragon fae, you are right. A Sylphid would be great, since in the species the bug wings are very common (althought i didnt give him bug wings because of WYSIWYG)
I decided to just go with him accidentaly being transported here as an egg or straight after eclosion, to keep things simpler.
Sad Poor little lost egg!  I'm sure he'll turn out alright.  Sounds like a fun character!
Topic Options