Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Housing Changes
Proposed Changes

1. Raise the total number of houses to 10 per account. Restrict houses on malas to being 2 per account.
2. Set all currently unrented houses on ALL facets to be rental cost per week equal to 3x lockdowns with 1 secure.
2.a Change the number of lock downs to 1/3 of the "recommended".
3. Change the script to set it to this: gold equals 3x lockdown and 1 secure when the house is demolished, and adjust the lock downs to 1/3 recommended.
4. Allow a player to increase their secure amounts by 500 gold per week on evervale but 250 a week on cuivenen, but reset the house back to one when demolished.
5. Allow a player to increase lockdowns by some specified number but make sure there is a max so it doesn't get stupid.  Reset on demolish.
6. Allow co-owners to place deeds instead of just owners.

Basically grandfather all currently rented houses - cuz thats just polite.
Can we set up some way to let players decorate house and then sell the deco IN the house?

Like you buy a house, you decorate it, and when you demolish it says, "oh do you want your items back or do you want to set them for sale?"

If you choose set for sale, then the items stay IN the house and you get to add a price for the cost of the deco.

Then, a buyer comes along and says, oh i want this house and a sign pops up. "This house is player decorated, you can buy the deco for X in addition to the rental cost. Do you want to buy the deco or empty the house?"

If emptied, the items return to the decorator.
Might want to aslo change the house SET UP for staff to recommend 1/3 the lockdowns, and the correct price, but be careful not to get turned around when demolishing so we end up with 1/3 of 1/3.
In regards to pre-deco'd houses, I tested the current options:

1)"Give buyer items in home", and subsequent "at cost ___" does not work. It makes the items disappear on renting, though they are still 'there' and return when the house is demolished (though colors did not stick)

2) "Don't delete items" did work; the items (including color) stayed put when the house was rented. However, there is no way to set a charge for it this way, adjustments would have to be made manually. Furthermore, the items themselves are not "locked down", and thus cannot be manipulated with the interior deco tool, so would need a staffer for help if adjustments were wanted. Normally placed and locked down items behave entirely as normal, including being poofed to bank box upon the house being demolished.
Adjustments/notes after talking to Lara:
1. Limit should be 9 houses, 1 shop per account 
1a. Vendor limit set to 8 per shop
4&5. This should be do-able by the player, no staff involvement required.
* Lockdowns/secures need to adjust if the house is being sold with furniture.

Items done:
1. Raise the total number of houses to 10 (9 houses, 1 shop) per account. Restrict houses on malas to being 2 per account.
1a. Vendor limit set to 8 per shop
2. Set all currently unrented houses on ALL facets to be rental cost per week equal to 3x lockdowns with 1 secure. -- New staff command, "resethouseprices"
2.a Change the number of lock downs to 1/3 of the "recommended".
2b. Owned houses are grandfathered to keep their previous lockdown/secure count, but their current rent will be adjusted to be 3x lockdowns + secure price, IF that new price is cheaper than their current rent. If their current rent is cheaper, it will be grandfathered and stay that way until house demolish.
3. Change the script to set it to this: gold equals 3x lockdown and 1 secure when the house is demolished, and adjust the lock downs to 1/3 recommended.
4. Allow a player to increase their secure amounts by 500 gold per week on evervale but 250 a week on cuivenen, but reset the house back to one when demolished.
5. Allow a player to increase lockdowns by some specified number but make sure there is a max so it doesn't get stupid.  Reset on demolish. -- Max currently set to 500 to start with. Need to pick a more realistic number. 
6. Allow co-owners to place deeds instead of just owners.
7. Players can deco a house and then sell the house with deco in it
  • During staff setup, suggested lockdowns now goes to 1/3 of the original recommended number automatically. Suggested secures automatically set to 1.
  • Players can adjust the number of lockdowns and secures both before purchase (through the normal purchase gump) or while they own it (options on the house sign menu). Prior to purchase, the actual value of lockdowns/secures/price isn't changed until the player purchases, so if they cancel it will not affect the house's default values.
  • Lockdowns and secures will not adjust lower than what is currently in the house, if there are already items locked down or secured.
  • The page with "Give buyer items in home" and "Don't delete items" in town house setup has been removed, as these functions didn't work well to begin with and are now incompatible with selling with deco.
Testing

I was able to rent two houses on Malas and 1 shop, but not a second shop and not a third house.  It would be nice if the message on trying to rent the second shop was more clear.  Right now it just says you can not rent that, where as the message on renting the third house on Summer Isle is very clear.

I don't think I was able to rent the full number of houses, but I may have forgotten other houses I own as a Staffer.  I will retest with a brand new account after I've done the rest of the tests.

I bought a house and decorated it.  Sold it with the decorations.  It set the price, lockdowns and secures correctly.  Bought it again, was able to pick up the decorations.  Sold it and returned the decorations.  Price, lockdowns, and secures looked correct.   Did not test locking down more items then would fit yet.

Question: What happens if the lockdown items won't fit into the players bank?

What should happen to secures if left in the deco?

Was able to change the lock downs and secures, the pricing looked correct for both on Cuiveinen.   Tested both before and after purchase.

Confirmed that I got a check when someone else bought the house (only tested on the same account, but looks right.)

I tested buying more lock downs, then decorating over the base and selling with decorations.  it adjusted properly to the amount of items in the house!  Yay.  However, when I sold the house with out decorations it did not adjust down properly.  It remained at the number set with deco. So I sold it again, and it reset correctly.  Not a big bug, but there seems as if there might be a variable not resetting properly there.

After running the dot command I went back to Summer Isle to check the prices on my shops and homes:
My shop appears to be priced incorrectly:  https://gyazo.com/c3dce6fd3749d5bd0cb3dfdd4d844dff
Should be 6 secures * 500 gold, plus 252 lock downs * 3 gold?  Or is it just that it looks "sorta close" and you've capped the price because its grandfathered?
Or perhaps you assumed max secures were 5 and I found a fluke?
I went back and checked this house on production and the price is what it is, so I'm going to just mark this as fine.

Allow up to 10 secures.

I was unable to place a banner deed in a house owned by another one of my characters? I thought all characters on an account would function as a co-owner?
I was able to place the banner deed in the house owned directly by my character
But was unable to place a banner deed in Daliya's house even though Lara Ox is a co-owner.

Checking a few other pricing:  All rechecked and look good
Shop on Summer Isle: https://gyazo.com/d07eeb1258364d1ab3c6509921b3d25c
House on Summer Isle: https://gyazo.com/d8499c89f4f44602a5e280438adb3152
House on Summer Isle: https://gyazo.com/bd0634c98449f3d7727120734d93eb7e
I have updated the wiki for your review:

http://www.sanctuaryshard.com/index.php?title=Housing
Answers to Lara's questions:

Question: What happens if the lockdown items won't fit into the players bank? Just like with normal house packup, they will get shoved in there anyway. But the player won't be able to put anything in their bank until they get back down to the item limit. 

What should happen to secures if left in the deco? Right now, anything INSIDE a container on house sell gets put in the player's bank. I did this because while the house is not owned, anyone can get into the containers and take stuff, so I figured it was best to just empty them.  All formerly-secured containers become lockdowns instead when someone buys the house. 

Should be 6 secures * 500 gold, plus 252 lock downs * 3 gold?  Or is it just that it looks "sorta close" and you've capped the price because its grandfathered? For housing prices, the first secure is FREE, and all additional secures cost 500. So it's (1 free secure = 0) + 5 secures * 500 + 252 lockdowns *3 = 3256. 

Lyrrin TODO: 
Allow up to 10 secures Done
Check out banner deed issue Done
Check out issue with increasing locks/secures and selling without deco Lyrrin can't replicate
Topic Options