Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water tiles needing attention
[Image: WaterGlitch.jpg?width=718&height=634]

Location x: 2819 y: 1224
Lara: The problem with this one was that it was the only 1 of the terrain tiles set at -15 Z.  I was able to see that by moving my mouse around and looking at the bottom of the screen to check the various Z values.  After I determined that I went to the elevate tile tool (the green up arrow) and changed the setting to set and -5 and then just grabbed a few tiles around it and set them all back to -5. Water in the ocean should all be -5.

[Image: WaterGlitch.jpg?width=874&height=634]

Location x: 3120 y: 2102
Lara: this one was caused by a missing static water edge tile.  I fixed this by picking up the correct tile from the one directly west of it, and then placing it on the water at -5 Z on the tile directly north of it.  Then I pushed the tile down into place with the move tiles.  The rest of this area with its weird water edging is from a map build MUCH older than the current one because it was "cut into" this new map from the older map.  That old map had a ton of badly generated water edges.  To fix I take the elevate tool and nudge down the edges 1 at a time until they look less choppy.

Location x: 1441 y: 2786
Lara: Same issues as above, missing static edge, find the right edge place on the water nearby and move into place.
done archive
Topic Options