Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alfrun Signe Tarnsdottier
Discord Id - Dulwitch
Previous Characters- Luna Darkhand, Inwe/Elenth
Character Name - Alfrun Signe Tarnsdottier
Character Race & Sub-Race. Huaman , Völva ( a seer/ sorcerer)
Alternate Graphic, none needed
Character Description -  She stands at 5 foot and 10 inches in height, her hair a soft mix of crimson red and oak brown. Her skin is almost snow white and upon her right wrist is the valkyries mark tattooed into her flesh. Around her neck she wears Mjolnir  and the troll symbol. Her personal panahon though is marked into her brow. The mark of Freyja. Her steel blue ares are pinpointed by harsh charcoal make up covering most of her eyes, and a singular black line go's from the bottom of her lower lip to her jaw. Her lips are blood red and when she smiles there is are two rows of wicked sharp teeth. 
Shard Plot Line (Strengths & Weaknesses)- 
Strengths - 
Strong minded
Quick witted 
Weaknesses- 
Quick to anger
Stubborn
Special Role-play Ability- of Norse origin a bag of runes in one hand that are carved from the bones of those who she has loved and have passed. She uses these to communicate with the Gods. 
Previous World - Nilfgaard, The common era 
Backstory -  

The earth smelt of piss and shit she hated the very ground she trod upon. There had been far too much of her kins blood shed this day, and all in the purpose of what. Had Loki really damned them this day or where there other things at play. Alfrun cast her runes again and again they all promised death and misfortune. She bit her tongue and spat the blood to one side her dagger drawing it towards the pile of horse muck. She needed better answers, more productive one's. Her Jarl was banking on this battle going well, and so far she had seen nought but ruin.  But after three days of scrying in the mud even the half baked idea of horses blood seemed to bring her no peace. She needed something more.

Grining she pursed her lips letting the lower one drag across the razors edge sharp teeth feeling each part of the soft flesh tear and rend. She ran her tongue across the new fresh wound  stopping mid way. Alfrun had seen something else land unlike any other, fresh and vibrant Vahalla in this life as she saw it. Where Jotun and other such beasts roamed. In this land she saw her clans conquest, for it had much silver and gold. But how she was to get there alluded her still for it could not be reached by ship or marched to by land. No this land wasn't even tethered to Yggdrasil and the bifrost she let her finger grip into the fresh soil below her feeling the earth shift and move with each pulsing of her heart. Working her majick, she stopped swiftly and stood her staff in her hand once more she marched towards the still raging battle. "Stop in the Alfarhters name" she cried allowed  slamming her staff into the mud and blood. " For if we do nought Loki will take us all, We must stop this in fighting, I have seen Lands, Lands so lush you would think your self in freyja's Gardens". The warriors in their shock all stared at her they knew her power and many would not dare to question her visions, Jarl  Sven of the ravens glared at his men and those of his brother . " Tell me Völva is this true" He asked, his hand resting upon the hilt of his blade. Alfrun nodded " it's true my lord, I swear it to the gods". "But we will need a mighty spell I will need several sacrifices my lord"

He grinned back at her "then make your magics and let us go!". Alfrun nodded at him  her small dagger back in the palm of her hand she would need to wet it plenty the next night and give over her sight to that of Heimdal, so that he may see a way to connect the lands. As the the sun rose she started to make her plans on who should be sacrificed to make the barrier. Her mind wandered idly as she felt a pull on the earth beneath her feet, as if she was in quick sand. She looked below her self and saw stars and constellations unknown. In her surprise she tried to call out but found her voice missing, she clawed outwards and found nothing to grip She slipped further through the rip and she did not know the reasons why. Where she landed she did not know but the room was warm enough for sure and the bed was soft and delicate, like that of the softest wools. Now she needed to know her curiosity spiked as she took in her soundings, The building was strange to her but still  some how familiar, like the buildings she imagined the gods to dwell in.  Then she noted the year cursing under her lips how could she have been so blind to this one last treachery from Loki she did not know but she was pleased his tricks may have given her new things to see. She may have just landed in the new land but she would make it speak to her.

((edited to change location))
Could I ask that you change the font color on this post? It's impossible to read currently.

[Image: Raewyn-Signiture.jpg]
fixed for her
(06-13-2020, 06:08 PM)Kutara Wrote: Could I ask that you change the font color on this post?  It's impossible to read currently.
sorry I had no idea the font was black <.<
I want to provide some caution on this role.

While Midrvegr is based on a Norse culture it has its own variation on the culture, its own pantheon, and established religious figures. When a new hero arrives into Sanctuary, bringing knowledge from their homeworlds, a choice needs to be made by the player and character; hold to their old ways or adapt to the new lands.

Secondly, while I support having characters coming from the earth, it's important to understand that choosing to play the priestess of a real-world religion may generate OOC pushback. I don't know your RL background, but there are elements of this story that feel as if they are fantasy not history. You may wish to claim that your homeworld is not earth but rather another dimension that is similiar to but not exactly like.

If you'd like to talk more you are welcome to contact me in DM.
Hello!

We actually had a discussion about this and since our aim really is not to offend anyone, specifically about their religious beliefs, could you please alter the application so that the character is NOT from earth, but rather an earth-like world.

I suggest the Witcher world since I think that is where the freya's garden is from (but it doesn't have to be that world). By at least doing that we can help avoid someone feeling offended by anything rp wise a character would do that is religiously contrary to an established earth religion.

We want things to remain more in the line of fantasy and if it is stated that she is from earth, people might take issue with historical variances and so on. Thank you.

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
I'll work on the eddit and will post again on when i've done it Smile
Thanks for the feedback.

changed world.
looks good, approved
Topic Options