Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kulag Skullsmash
Discord Id - MungeonDastard

Previous Characters - Not Applicable

Character Name - Kulag Skullsmash

Character Race & Sub-Race - Hoggur (Ogre)

Alternate Graphic - Not particularly familiar with Inside UO but I believe 'Ogre Frame' is what I'm after. If possible (keyword 'if'), I'd like to make his hue a paler/whiter variety, simply to differentiate him from the NPC ogres/ogre lords in the game. 

Character Description - Kulag stands at 9 feet 6 inches tall, weighing in around 630 pounds, his skin is a pale greyish-white color from a life spent mostly within the various cave systems. His head is bald but his body hair is a course, black, and patchy mess. 

Shard Plot Line (Strengths & Weaknesses)- Put simply, he relies on brute strength to solve most problems and threats. Hungry? Smash something to eat.. Threatened? Smash it until it is dead. He is capable of some amount of hunting, camping, cooking, and tracking as well as utilizing some basic tools like pickaxes and woodsman's axes.. but smashing things with blunt objects is his go to currency. As may be expected, he's not the brightest fellow, and can be quite gullible because of this. He attempts to coexist with things that he can prove to be friend instead of foe, and is uniquely not inherently evil or malicious. He is actually quite friendly.....ish. As is typical to his kind, he can become confused and enraged quite easily, though he specifically has a more even temperament than most ogres. 

Special Role-play Ability - It would be lovely to have an 'enraged' mode.. perhaps something that allowed a Consecrate Weapon/Divine Fury combo? (+SSI, +HCI, +DI, -DCI, +Str/HP) I'm really not sure how you folk adapt mechanics to these special abilities so I'll do just fine to first get acclimated to Sanctuary as a world..

Previous World - Kulag comes to you straight from the fantasy roleplaying world of the Forgotten Realms of D&D. As a particularly curious ogre who wound up on his own, he's managed to locate a moongate that took him irreversibly to Sanctuary.

Backstory - Kulag was born into a simple, Gruumsh-fearing, forest-based tribe of ogres. His parents, Koragg and Ing'r Skullsmash, brought him up as a well-rounded raider of neighboring humanoid villages as was typical for ogre youths. It was clear that he excelled in the fine arts of club-wielding, town-pillaging, hut-burning, and of course quite literal skull-smashing. He was a shining star among the tribes best ogre clans. One night after a particularly successful raid on a human encampment, Kulag and his pals feasted and drank, setting their own camp. Kulag passed out stone-drunk in a tent and awoke to find that they'd been raided themselves. A human army had caught wind of the attack and sent forces to respond, pushing the ogres out of the camp and killing most of them. Somehow Kulag's tent had gone overlooked, but when he made his way back to the main forest camp, it turns out his entire tribe had been pushed off that land as well. He left to wander and survive on his own after that, never again running into another ogre he recognized, and unsure where they'd taken off to or if any others even survived the human's backlash. In roaming, he learned to adapt to this solo lifestyle, taking to cave-dwelling and only attacking animals and humanoids that he was certain he could overwhelm by himself. He would go too often without eating if the potential meal appeared too strong, and he found himself learning to properly hunt and track to survive. He wound up tracking a small band of druids to their camp, and when he was sure they were asleep he came out to attack only to learn they were quite adept at trapping. He was strung up and helpless, waking the druids who surprisingly had no desire to kill Kulag for his attack. They instead kept him captive until they forced him to learn to communicate simple ideas and concepts. Obviously their ideas of peaceful existence with nature made no sense to Kulag for long periods of time.. but they remained calm and persistent despite his constant raging. This went on and on, and Kulag reluctantly learned words and phrases at a time, rewarded with food for his efforts when he did. Eventually they released Kulag when they agreed he would not be a threat to them.. He returned to his lone vagabond life, but with a newfound curiosity..
Hello.

So I love the application and the detail/time you put into it.

Just remember that he had to of come to this land somehow. Did "he return to his long vagabond life, but with a newfound curiosity... a curiosity that led him to travel so that one day on said travels he realized the woods he was traveling through, had magically changed and he no longer found himself in familiar territory." Or something to that effect.

As for the shapechange, I would say the following hue colors might work for a white ogre, 1953, 2460, 2686. However, I'm honestly not sure, since I would need to see it on the orge graphic to be sure.

Approved. I hope you have fun!

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
I cut myself short as I reached the 400 word mark, but yes that was briefly touched on in the Previous World response. I'd have had him continue on his own foraging/exploring adventure and come across a moongate that led to Sanctuary. 

DaisyHello.

So I love the application and the detail/time you put into it.

Just remember that he had to of come to this land somehow. Did "he return to his long vagabond life, but with a newfound curiosity... a curiosity that led him to travel so that one day on said travels he realized the woods he was traveling through, had magically changed and he no longer found himself in familiar territory." Or something to that effect.

As for the shapechange, I would say the following hue colors might work for a white ogre, 1953, 2460, 2686. However, I'm honestly not sure, since I would need to see it on the orge graphic to be sure.

Approved. I hope you have fun!
Ah, okay. Perfect. Smile

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Topic Options