Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lock-Picking
I want to not only make this skill more useful but I think that the way it currently is (stock without updates), is counter to our .spec/skill system.

I am working on spawning dungeons and in turn trying to spawn locked chests so that the lock-picking skill is more valuable to players. I have checked and currently when you spawn a chest with a spawner you have four options, levels 1-4.  The max skill set on these locked chests are as follows...

• Level 1 - 52 max Lockpicking skill
  • Level 2 - 72 max Lockpicking skill
  • Level 3 - 84 max Lockpicking skill
  • Level 4 - 92 max Lockpicking skill
Basically, the chest level determines the range of lockpicking needed to open a chest... with the max level needed, outlined above.

I propose we lower the current max skill level needed to the following.

• Level 1 - 40 max Lockpicking skill
  • Level 2 - 60 max Lockpicking skill
  • Level 3 - 80 max Lockpicking skill
  • Level 4 - 90-100 max Lockpicking skill
Since our skill level is capped at 60/80/100, this will allow people who pick it as a tertiary skill to be able to open two levels of chests, those who pick it as a secondary from opening three levels of chests, and then those picking it as a primary from opening ALL types of chest, (level 4). 

I think this will make the skill more worthwhile and will amplify the hunting experience... since when I go around added them to dungeons they will be more prevalent and useful.

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
I approve this
This does not need a script update... I have been able to modify the numbers with the xmlspawners. Smile

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Topic Options