Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Seas Client
The is something going on with the spawns, when attacking.

When targeting both monsters and animals they generally ignore you or they will head in your direction a few steps then give up.

With 100 swordsmanship and 100 anatomy I barely scratch the monsters, animals seem ok (except alligators that took 10 or more hits which seems high for this skill level)

While in combat sometimes tend to wander aimlessly, then hit you then wander a bit, so seems like a constant dance to engage them.

This targeting and such may be a non-issue as the character is GM.

Update from Lara: Dark was testing as a staffer, not as a player.  I took Lara Ox out to the undead area, and didn't see any variation.  Others should make sure hunting is fine as well.
Error: When my female character is in her .shapechange the paperdoll turns male
Lara Making Note for self

Go and look at the summer undead and goblin spawns to see if they are doing weird bunching.

If anyone else finds a place that isn't spawned but they expect it TO be spawned, please let lara know
Skills Tested:

Healing
Magery
Archery (and related tactics)
Issue: Mined sand shows as a scroll.
    >> I had some in my pack and it was in scroll form upon logging in. Tried to double click it thinking of it in commodity deed form just in case, but nothing happened. Mined more and it stacked as scroll form.

*** Mithril: Fixed for next update
Pets:

The follow speed of pets seems slower than on production but even on production they are annoyingly slow.
Hunting with pets seems fine. They are very responsive and the kill rate seems the same.
I like how their health bars don't disappear when you go into a cave or get separated.
Skills Tested

Hiding/Stealth
Animal Taming / Commands (typed and selected)
Tracking
Poisoning
Snooping (Looks ok from the You cannot do that to this player message)
Swordsmanship and Parrying (plus other related skill gains during combat)
Healing
Tailoring
Smithy

Not a skill but renting a house then returning it, is charging and refunding fine.
Certain interactions with some NPCs seem to sort of freeze the client. I say sort of because it's not a client crash but you're frozen and not able to interact with the world anymore. It's sort of like a server disconnection.

Go up to the NPC and start buying something, then walk away, or close the buy screen and walk away. After a few steps you freeze (I guess they must know the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique).

This does not happen with every NPC but so far I have found two that reliably do it: Berthold, the guy that sells archer supplies in the bottom corner of the archery range, and the other is Mikos, the fruits and vegetables farmer sales guy.

I'm not sure if someone else can replicate this as well yet but I can replicate it every time.
Yep those two vendors and the one that sells speed footwear .. possibly all the custom vendors?? I will be checking a few others.  the sale does not complete and it freezes
yep if its a special vendor with only a name it is bugged. 
Has anyone set up a player vendor at a shop to test that?

Mithril, I have confirmed that the vendors in question are indeed the custom vendors. ~Lara

These vendors unfortunately are broken for newer clients, even the EA newer clients. Likely the best option would be to simply have me add the items we are selling on them to the other standard NPCs and have them sell the items. ~Mithril
With 'Auto stack Ore/logs at feet' option checked in Razor (This is checked by default), I experience the following issues.

- Trying to move logs/ores from bank to pack will always drop on the floor, regardless how many. From there you can put them in your pack. This will sometimes not happen if you were holding some boards/ingots and put them in your bank before trying to pick up. Also you can stack fresh resources from your bank to existing ones in your pack without them dropping.

- If you drag the resource from bank to the forge / sawmill and then pick some up from the floor to work on, you will no longer be able to pick up anymore until you drop the ingots/boards you just made or drag the resource back to the bank.

I have tried it several times for each and occasionally there is an exception where everything is fine, however it is fairly consistent. Anyone else check?

Razor, which is built into the client isn't anything we have control over.  So if it doesn't work, the way people think or even at all isn't anything we can do. ~Lara

I can also confirm Parchaa's post that the 3 vendors mentioned do crash the game. I also noticed that they don't require any gold on your person to buy, maybe a connection?

Doesn't require any gold on your person, or doesn't require any gold at all?  When these vendors work correctly, I beleive they should take gold out of your bank, given that some of the items are pretty high cost.  We'll test this after they have been fixed. ~Lara

I also have set up a player vendor that is running fine for me. I have left the vendor set up (Waldo) if anyone else would like to try and buy from him.
Topic Options
Thread Closed