Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Map Feed Back
If you would like to see the new map you can ask a staffer to move you to the map and then move you back when you are done. I need feed back on the map, but I ask you to read this whole post before you comment.

One, this map is HUGE, and it needs to be huge to support RPCSS.  Consider how weird it would feel to have armies on Summer Isle.

Two, there are no towns or cities on the map yet, that is the last step.  But we won't have a lot on this map anyway, just bits here and there along the roads between the five cities.

Three, because this map is so massive, it was created using a map GENERATOR, not by hand, so the placement of items is based on a random algorithm I've done my best to massively tweak, and I think I did a good job.

Four, because this map has to handle what amounts to champ spawns at any place on the map, I couldn't do a lot of areas which would create bottle necks.

Fifth, I am not DONE!  *laughs* There are at least two areas that are not even start, and two areas who's landscaping I don't like.  I'm sure you'll see the not started ones, but the unfinished ones might not be so obvious.

So here are the questions, copy and paste in your response, please elaborate if you can.

1.  Does the map feel massive?  Can you imagine that there is some real distance between cities.

2. Is there enough "interesting" variation in the random generator as it relates to tree placement, other foliage, variation of ground tiles, and height elevation?

3. Do the areas give off a sense of location or immersion?  Did I get a good feel?  Are there any areas that don't FEEL good and if so where and why.

4. General thoughts given the goal and restrictions?
Topic Options