Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not-So-Healthy Living
Cuban Lechon Asado

A big piece of pork (pork shoulder).
Mojo (You can buy this or use my homemade recipe below)
Garlic cloves (whole)
A knife
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper

1. Take out the piece of pork. Go to town with it and the knife—stab it a bunch of times, really deep. I am talking many, many, times (over 20).
2. Place whole cloves of garlic (obviously peeled), within the all of the holes you have made.
3. Place your mojo mixture on top of the piece of pork, don't be afraid to get your fingers dirty and make sure the juice goes inside the holes that already have the garlic. Add a dash of salt/pepper on top.
4. Put in the refrigerator for several hours (2-4), so it marinates.
5. Pre-heat oven to 325-400-----Depending on how fast you want it to come out.
6. I like to place it on the actual rack, with a pan underneath to catch the juices as it cooks (but it makes a huge mess), so you may want to place it on a pan.
7. As it cooks you will spoon the juices it releases on the pork and you can even put some additional mojo, if you have any left.
8. This is the complicated part... I cook it until it's falling apart so i can't give you an exact hour. Usually it's like 45 minutes per pound. So it can take a while. The slower you cook it the softer is comes out. Be careful not to burn it and put a foil over it if you think it's getting too crispy. you can take the foil out at the end, last 20 minutes.

Cuban Mojo
1 cup of fresh orange juice
1/2 cup of lime juice
1/2 cup of lemon juice
1/2 Olive Oil
Cumin
Salt
Pepper
Oregano Spice
Garlic (Fresh, cut up small)
small amount of onion (optional)

***Mix the salt, pepper, and garlic (and onion if you use it) together (use a mortar and pestle if you have one). Then place that mixture with the orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, and oil. Finally put the cumin, and oregano. Mix like hell. Smile

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Topic Options