Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Forts on Mainland
Building Lists

General Details
  1. Some of these spots have “bad map tiles” that I placed for my own usage when dropping multis and clearing foliage.  They can all be fixed now and turned back to normal matching map tiles.
  2. Remember to remove things like doors, gates.  Training dummies, archery buttes, and ovens can be left in for decoration.
brighwell   1720 - 2037
Fairy Castle - Sandstone -  This needs work on the stair cases, floor of the ground floor, etc.  It will need to be checked in production for walkability, flicker factor, etc. maybe completely redo the ground level into something suitable for a castle audience hall rather than a stable, and leave the upstairs for bedrooms etc.

Dornear 2090 1224 - DONE
This works pretty good — I didn’t see any walkable issues or flicker, though the stairs are done “wrong”.  It sits in the far back left corner of the plot and could use a nice half high stone and wrought iron wall and courtyard on the south and east side.  The road should be smoothed into the building to look natural. -----Done by Kutara-----

Molvernia 2342 700
This is another gothic stone manor house that fits just fine.  The stairs work though they are also done wrong, and one of the ones in the back is easy to miss or fall off because it’s open on both sides. I think that the stone pavers on the outside of the building should be removed.  Because the building is a little narrow for the space, I think it might look nice to create snow drifts around the sides to make it feel more “planted” in the land.  There is tree in the very back that is showing through the walls and needs to be moved. The flowers planted on the stone need wood edging or removal — flowers don’t grow out of stone.

Tiversomin 2926 619 - DONE
Fits fine, seems to work, not flicker.  Stairs are wrong, but wide enough to be usable.  I set this center to the road but in the very back of the plot so it could have some nice foliage/landscaping or outlying buildings added. -----Done by Kutara-----

Westleeuw. 1457 1434 - DONE
I put a small brown fort in the very front of this clearing instead of the back.  There is plenty of room to expand this to fill the space in the back by going thru the little fenced stable area in the central back. But it will work fine as it is if someone just wants to drop some foliage back there as well.  The stair case in the upper corner was done incorrectly on the second floor and needs to have the rest of the stair well enclose.  I deleted just enough to be able to walk up.
Update Review, this needs to be rebuilt: For the lore of this castle, which is that of a besiged english/irish border lord, I'd like to see something that is up on a hill with lots of rocks around the area.  I can do the map work if that's requested.  It should have a feel of Emlyn and a bit of Carigsay.   --- DONE BY KUTARA ---

Arnlodge 912 918 - DONE
This fits nice!  Stairs are well done.  There are some hue issues that need to be fixed, and the very back of the building need to have the ground under it leveled.  Rug needs to be fixed, and there is something odd with the roof bits … But otherwise good to go. -----Done by Daisy.-----Lara worked on surrounding foliage.

Brekka. 175 1089 - DONE
This works, stairs, same as last, done wrong but navigable.  Given the odd placement of the front of the building, this was really the best location given a road coming in from the west rather then south.  It will need some blending from the port/dock to the building, and could really use a little extra effort of out buildings.-----Done by Daisy.----- Lara worked on surrounding foliage.

Esholt 336 403
This orc fort works just fine here.  It has some stairs that need to be fixed, lower front corner.  I’d add some more bits fencing/fort/etc in the area to fill it in.

Essendell  2223 2534 - DONE
This marble castle fits surprisingly well in this spot.  I thought I was going to have to put an orc fort in it, and am glad I don’t have to.  The stairs are well built, but the ground floor tiles are a mess and need to be cleaned up to make more sense.  Also some map areas are too tall and need to be flattened and have some of the grasses cleaned up.  Also, there are a bunch of trees in the castle that dont fit or make any sense, they need to removed.  Fix the swamp under the eastern garden at the front of the castle.  Rebuilt by Kutara

Haverbron  4054 1124 - Done
White brick fort fits well.  It just needs some landscaping near the entrance, and the road blended in.  Stairs work but land in the wall which is wrong - fix or not. -----Done by Kutara-----

Esterven 3310 1412 - DONE
This orc fort fits just fine.  The entrance is facing the wrong way, but the road has room to be brought around and smoothed to look  natural.  I’d pull up the plain dirt floor and do a map dirt floor with details and highlights. -----Done by Daisy.----- 

Langadalr. 4204 474
This fort is obviously too big for this space, but I think it will be reasonably easy to flatten the area and remove the unnecessary foliage inside the building.  I would however, go to the effort of making a dirt and paving courtyard.
Lara - I have fixed all the map, removed the excessive foliage and created a dirt courtyard and roads.  This can be made pretty, but it at least now doesn't look in error. This could be made to look lived in or abandoned I think.

Heresevain 3583 715
Like the one at lagnadalr this one is too big for the clearing, but should be easy enough to have the map leveled and the foliage removed.

Tarnstead 1590 796 - Done
This one was never burned to statics and is still completely blank.  We'll need to build from scratch.  Got some requests from the estate owner before building: http://forums.sanctuaryshard.com/showthr...p?tid=1008 -----Done by Daisy.----- 
Currently working on Dornear

[Image: Raewyn-Signiture.jpg]
I have done the basic edits on Langadalr, and it can be made pretty if anyone wishes.
I have updated, Arnlodge 912 918.

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Dornear is pretty much done, unless someone wants to fidget with minor deco.

Working on Tiversomin

**EDIT** Tiversomin is done, aside from minor landscaping

Brekka is done and I'm currently working on Heresevain 3583 715. I've updated the original post to reflect this.

1 1
Will start working on Haverbron next.

Haverbron is done. Any particular forts I should focus on next?

Pick whichever you would like to work on. Pick something you will enjoy.

Tarnstead 1590 796, is usable for rp. I may decorate it a bit more today but I am moving on soon.

1 1
Topic Options