Baelrad Cain - Grimmwold

Character Name -
Baelrad Cain

Character Race & Sub-Race:
Human

Alternate Graphic
N/A

Character Description -
Baelrad is a renowned adventurer, described as tall (6'3") with craggy looks, dark wavy hair, and possessing a rangy build. His most striking features are his opaline green eyes, which can be both alluring or intimidating, as need be. For someone who appears from first impressions to be seaworthy & battle hardened, he shows little physical sign of a lifetime of toil and labour, which makes you question his accolades, or fear his skills.

Shard Plot Line (Strengths & Weaknesses)-
I foresee Baelrad to become a deviously exploitative player on the high seas, and want to give him the chance to put forward his case at being a major protagonist in the Iron Islands should Game of Thrones ever make a return . I'm still fleshing out where I think he could be most useful however I would love to see him taking the route of an inter-house trader and manipulator to further his own ambitions. His proclivities and predisposition towards gambling and reckless abandon will likely land him in a myriad of unpleasant situations, and no doubt he will earn a notorious reputation. As for strengths, he is extremely cunning and charming. As his expertise and wealth grows, so will his lust for power, putting him in a unique position to control the masses, albeit with wealth and bribery. 

Special Role-play Ability-
The power of persuasion.. You're instantly allured to his presence, and know you shouldn't trust the man before you, however something draws you to his whisper, and you decide to operate outside your own tendency on impulse.

Previous World
Once a promising boatswain for the English Navy, Baelrad always yearned for a life greater than his lot. By 1650, France, England and the United Provence began to develop their colonial empires. This involved considerable seaborne trade, and a general economic improvement: there was money to be made—or stolen—and much of it traveled by ship. 

A new phase of piracy began in the 1690s as English pirates began to look beyond the Caribbean for treasure. The fall of Britain's Stuart kings had restored the traditional enmity between Britain and France, thus ending the profitable collaboration between English Jamaica and French Tortuga.

Due to his quarrelsome nature, the story is told that Baelrad abandoned his post whilst his Royal frigate was resupplying in the Carribbean, but those who know Baelrad well, know that it was a woman who coerced him into a life of criminality and lust. The legend was told that his beloved temptress went overboard whilst they were commandeering a supply sloop on the open oceans. Baelrad went in after her and they were both never seen again.

Some say he drowned and died that day, but due to his stoic and stubborn nature, some say he could have conceivably floated or drifted. To where, no one knows. Clinging to a greater sense of destiny and constitution was part of his code... So was that really the end for Baelrad Cain?
Bump  Angel
Looks good to me. Smile Thumbs up.
Approved. Smile
Topic Options