Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Character Application - Aeitheiyniyah Thundrafire
Discord ID: Thundrafire#1182

Previous Characters: N/A

Character Name: Aeitheiyniyah 'Athina' Thundrafire

Race: Dragon (Small Northern Ice Dragon - D&D White/Silver Dragon Cross-breed)
Alternate Graphic: Drake (Ice White Tint)

Special Role Play Ability:
Ice Breath Weapon

Character Description:
Aeitheiyniyah is a young dragoness, only just about to emerge from her juvenile years and becoming a young adult. Dwarven in stature among most other members of dragon-kind. She stands a mere two meters (6'7ft) tall measured from the top of her horned head held up down to her forelegs.

The dragoness sports a partially stocky build for optimal survival in very cold, wintry environments, especially noticeable in her abdominal region and thick tail.

Bright white, small and delicate soft scales, shimmering in a sky blue gloss cover most of her body, providing meagre protection but a smooth look and feel.

There is a single long row of ice-like spines running down across the length of her neck, back and tail, able to raise up tall and lower down flat against her back at will as a means of defence.

A pair of blue, scallop-patterned wings adorn her back, though when fully extended are exceptionally large they are evidently optimal for gliding rather than a flapping mode of flight and thus difficult to make any effective use of from the ground directly.

Two expressive blue frills line the sides of her head, able to raise, lower, animate and express the dragon's state of emotion to others around her without requiring verbal communication, a scholarly eye might accurately determine this suggests a social pack-like instinct and heritage in this sub-species of dragon.

Along the underside of her body, large rounded silky plates seamlessly connect together, giving off a spectacular, opalescent shine dancing in colours of blue, pink, purple and white with a prismatic reflectivity.

Two large, twisted, thick and tough black horns with a blue gradient at their base adorn the top and back of her head, perfect for charging into adversaries with great concussive force as well as pushing large, compact bodies of snow.
Her eyes are fairly large with a sizeable, blue iris and slitted pupils.

She moves with a distinct grace and agility, like a feline with a serpentine slither incorporated into the motion. Her natural ability to evade attacks is her primary means of protecting herself, unlike many other kinds of dragons her scales provide her with no formidable armour.

The dragoness usually carries along a robust, improvised satchel slung over her chest for carrying items with herself, with a small harp hanging from it that looks weathered from use, weather and travel.

((Does not currently have the power by default to shift into a Human form, but she could learn this through being extensively tutored in active roleplay. Her human form if achieved appears in the form of an 18-year old human female of Norse heritage with golden blonde hair, blue eyes and a rounded, short-grown appearance standing approximately 5'5ft tall.))

(Bonus Material: Reference Sheet Art + Text):
[Image: rEIT0L0hB49_9FRb7SwB08aMRmaO_jgSjmt6iOUR...5iLQqKYnDA]

Shard Plot Line:
Aeitheiyniyah has spent most of her prior life being afraid of the greater world, never quite finding solace among other dragons and becoming the victim of prejudice among the civilised races who believed her to be little else than a monster to slay. Living off the land in a nomadic life, never staying for long enough in one place to draw unwanted attention to herself became a necessity for her survival, but she always yearned for change and never abandoned her own gentle, kindly demeanour despite her hardships.

Where she found herself now, she was as uncertain as ever learning of this new realm.
The ways of the Kingdom of Emlyn appealed to her own dream of the ideal world, but could she ever find acceptance and belonging there, or just be another monster to be killed?

Fearful of that fate, her journeys brought her towards Miðrvegr instead as the climate in this region was to her pleasure. However, the stark, harsh people who made their living here did not seem to be compatible with her own ambitions, they came across as savage and merciless and ultimately, the young ice dragon drifted off elsewhere bound.

Her next stop was in the proximity of the Kingdom of Raeyithia, and though the climate here was not to her pleasure, the easygoing day-by-day lifestyle and the cultivated appreciation of song and dance drew her in. Her curiosity got the better of her, yearning to join into these activities and to her surprise she was not shunned, threatened or poised with any danger, but invited to join? She later learned dragons were not uncommon in their culture and so the seed had been planted in herself, perhaps this was where she belonged in this strange world?

The idle daydreams of living by the ways of the Kingdom of Emlyn lived on in her mind, but home was where the heart was in the end, and the people of Raeyithia were quickly becoming dear to her.

Regardless of how the wheel of fate would turn, the dragoness aspired to become the aspect of Mercy to where her loyalties would land, even if she acted solely in her own interests. She was not striving to be a bringer of death, but a keeper of life. Even so, she was determined to fiercely protect her friends whoever they would turn out to be.

Aeitheiyniyah was touched by Tamara early on in her life, a draconic goddess of life, light and mercy and gifted with divine powers of healing and sought to spread her influence in this new and strange realm - by proxy of the already present influence of Asgorath.

Previous World:
The world of Abeir-Toril

Backstory:
"I was born to a lone mother in a distant, frozen land, far from the reaches of the civilised world. Life had been unkind upon her, i was the last born of her last clutch. My father was long gone and my siblings wee deceased in one tragedy after another before my own hatching came to pass. I was mother's last hope, we were a dying species on the brink of extinction and she hoped that we would not be the last.", strumming a few notes upon her harp with her claw as she recanted the tale for the group of curious souls. She drew a deep breath before continuing.
"For four years, i knew limitless happiness. Tutored and raised in my mother's protection, i learned much of myself... and of my destiny. There was a time she was gravely wounded, sheltering me from harm, fearing i would lose the only family i had ever known, i prayed with all my heart... my prayer was answered, as if guided by the heavens my paw shone with blinding light, compelling me to pass it over my mother's body. Lo and behold, a grand miracle! Her wounds closed before my very eyes and she was made whole again." She grasped her paw and looked down at it, then played a melody filled with bright and hope upon the harp's strings and carried on.

"Blessed by Her Beneficence, Tamara, i was given another chance and i cherished every day together with mother, ever grateful for the mercy i was given. But alas...", the melody slows down, turning sombre and foreboding in tone.
"The tides turn, and fate plays its hand... one fateful day, we were attacked foraging for food. A great dragon in scales of red assailed us upon hateful whim. Fire and flame raged, and mother gave her life to save mine. In our final moments together, she wished but one thing of me.", the music stopped entirely and she looked out at the gathered crowd with a serious gaze, "No matter what happens... you must survive, Aeitheiyniyah."
Her clawed digits plucked the strings in a dramatic crescendo, "And so, she held me over the steep side of the snow-covered mountain, placed a parting lick upon my forehead... and let me go.", simulating the swift, sliding descent with a stressful accelerando of harp.

"I returned to our lair to seek shelter. Days became weeks. Weeks became months... and months became years as i waited upon mother, calling into the night hoping she would one day come back for me. But she never came home again." She stopped playing and put the harp down with a light thud. Though she had volunteered herself to do this tale-telling performance, it was difficult to not grow emotional about it. "Eventually, i had no choice but to leave and find my own path. I journeyed far and wide southward bound, though to most of the world i met beyond the isolated home i had known, i was a monster. And to the rest of it, i was either weak, unworthy, or simply prey. But life goes on, and so did mine utilising all that i had been taught." She held her harp to her chest, a gentle smile upon her face whilst her frills spanned out in pride.

"Tamara had given me her mercy and though my mother was taken from me in the end i was given the time that i needed to be ready.There was light that needed spreading. Life to be promoted. Forgiveness and mercy to be granted to those in need and a painless, peaceful passing to those who have reached their end. That became my life, my ambition.", she put the harp away into a satchel bag tied around her neck and chest and bowed her head, grateful for their time.

"I always felt the part of a stranger in a strange world. I suppose i am no different here. One night, i lower myself in prayer to my goddess in my shelter, dreams fill my mind where i behold a wingless dragon of brilliant platinum, overshadowed by one larger than i could even make out. In that dream i saw the platinum dragoness offer me her hand, like a mother to her child, and guided me gently to Asgorath. My eyes met with the massive, ancient one and... then i woke up.", gesturing around herself, "But i awoke in a world much unlike the one i knew. Maybe there was a purpose for me here, a sacred quest issued by the gods perhaps? I would not claim to honestly know." Rising up, she prepared to make her departure, storytime was over for now.

"But here i am, and here i shall remain, just like you. Wherever the path ahead takes me, takes us. Blessed to be to you all and a most lovely evening. I bid you farewell!", bowing down in thanks to her audience and disappearing back into the unknown, to wherever her wings and feet would take her.

There was so much to learn about this realm, about herself and her role in it. She was still alive and keeping her final promise to her mother and that was what mattered the most of all. Memories surged to her mind of her parting words when she had to leave her lair of birth after the long wait upon her parent's return, now that she was braving this new world.
'I won't be afraid, mother. I must go now, but i want you to know that i believe every end is a new beginning. Ya'sorn...'
Every end is a new beginning.

[Edit 1: Text Formatting issues corrected.]
thumbs up
Thumbs up!
Thumbs up!
Approved
Topic Options