Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butchery vs Auto Carve?
I was pretty sure we didn't have "auto carve" on Grimmwold when we had butchery.  This probably needs to be looked at because if auto carve is circumventing the need for Butchery there is a problem.

Also, as been reported else where, Butchery may need to have the time to find and acquire the items accounted for in the estimate for gathering.
I dont think its circumventing it . You can not auto carve a plump animal. You can autocarve on a .grab of say a regular bird to get the feathers as they do not appear on the corpse when killed. A bird will give you 25 feathers with it. Or you can double click a knife in your pack to carve a bird. A plump animal you have to do at the butchers block. It is the time to carve at the butchers block that is way longer to get 125 feathers than it is to kill 5 birds to get same amount.

Hope this explains it better.
Yes I understood that, however we standardized all harvest skills across the board to gather 1 item every 5 seconds. 

It sounds like the auto carve allows you to get more than 1 feather every 5 seconds -- hence circumventing the standardization we did.

Right?
Bump for Lyrrin
Per Lara: To balance this, we are going to:
1. Change all chickens to plump chickens, same with deer, sheep, etc for all butcherable species. Autocarve will not work on butcherable animals.
2. Remove autocarve drops from normal animals that don't require any skill to kill (i.e. birds).
3. Leave things that drop feathers and leather like harpies, alligators, etc alone, since they require fighting.

We've determined it is balanced for mobs to drop resources like ingots, feathers and reagents, but it's not reasonable to circumvent a crafting system for no risk.
Spawnables to change:
  • Hind, GreatHart -> AdultDeer
  • Rabbit, JackRabbit -> BigRabbit
  • Cow, Bull -> FattedCow
  • Goat, MountainGoat -> FattedGoat
  • Boar, Pig -> FattedPig
  • Chicken -> PlumpChicken
  • Sheep -> PlumpSheep

Scripting part (#2 and 3) is done for next update.
I have fixed all the in game spawns so that the normal animals are gone and only herding animals are in the world.

Is this ready to be archived Lyrrin?
Topic Options