Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magery & Lumberjacking (Lyrrin)
One, Magery should have its reagents converted from base OSI to the following which is a mix of Grimm and new ideas.

• Black Pearl becomes "Blackthorn Berries" (same graphic) but this is NOT the same item as the black pearls that are fished up for fishing, those remain black pearl and are used for other things.
  • Blood Moss same
  • Garlic becomes Woundwort
  • Ginseng becomes Mugwort
  • Mandrake becomes Mandragona
  • Nightshade becomes Belladonna
  • Spider's Silk becomes Bee's Lace
  • Sulfurous Ash becomes Bat Nut (uses graphic 3960 for bat wing)

Two These should be harvested using lumberjacking and a new book skill called "Wildcrafting".  Use a basket tool 6274 on any forest ground and it should have a chance to wild harvest any of the reagents. "You gather magical herbs growing in the wild." Feel free to use any of the following graphics to spawn temporarily in the area so it looks nifty: 6367-6370, 6373-4, 6377-8.  (Don't have them actually harvest from the items, as we don't have a one for one pack to ground item selection, just randomly spawn a few to make it look like something is happening.)

Three, disable Enhanced woods if they are in lumberjacking.  (Mith and I have not reviewed if lumberjacking was brought over yet from Grim)
Part one is done: All reagents are renamed. Parts 2 and 3 still in progress.
Part 2: All done except randomly spawning the plants for visual effect, which I will take care of later. Everything else should work as described.

Part 3: Treewhispering exists in the code but was not actually hooked up to lumberjacking (or anything), so I've left it that way.
Just a quick note on the new magery reagents. While hunting, I killed a goblin alchemist (OSI orc bomber). Originally, their loot includes black pearl, mandrake, and sulfurous ash. This one included black pearl, mandragona that didn't stack with the other reagents, and bat nuts that still had the sulfurous ash graphic.
Thanks Kutara. I think this is related to another issue I discussed with Mith, that I need to fix in code. Anything spawned before I renamed our reagents had the old graphic and got saved that way so this might be the same thing.
Part 1 is resolved.
Part 2 works, but the graphics have not been added. Also, there is a strange occurrence every so often where you will try to harvest, it makes the sound and animation once, and then just.....stops. Crosspost: http://forums.sanctuaryshard.com/showthread.php?tid=352
Part 3 is done. No enhanced woods.

[Image: Raewyn-Signiture.jpg]
The false start bug for Wildcrafting has been fixed for the next update.

Spawning pretty graphics is still in the works.
Lyrrin should we move this to the Game Wish List? Or is it done?
I've added the decorative spawning for next update. This is now completed.
Topic Options