Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not a Bug but info/feedback on new crafting and arrows
So I wanted to give feedback on my observation of what the rate of producing arrows would be. 

I killed 4 plump chickens
Chopped one tree getting 114 logs 
Plucked the chickens (this took about 40-45 minutes) giving 430 feathers
Milled the logs to boards 
Made the shafts and then made arrows 
Final result was 1289 arrows with 41 shafts left over 

Skills at :
LJ - 75
Herding 75
Bowcraft 100

Total time was 2 1/2 hours 

I think I could have saved about 30 minutes with just killing birds for feathers instead of the plucking feathers this seemed a bit time consuming for the added gain of not having to run around .. but birds are everywhere

The chopping wood seems right on par as well as the milling of the logs to boards as previous shards.

Making arrows and getting 3 per shaft and feather is very nice.

Hope this is useful in seeing how it plays out for the balancing
Bumping this thread to discuss crafting times. Crafting was modified last year and times were changed to be based on the number of materials required. This causes higher end items to take an exceptionally long time to craft. 

Currently I am attempting to make a large bed which requires 150 boards and 150 cloth. It took 25 minutes. (I started the crafting at 3:23am and ended at 3:48am.) Additionally, there is only a 60.6% chance of success at 100 carpentry. This is extraordinarily tedious and discourages crafting. 

Could this be looked at again? As a shard that has been advertised as casual and convenient for people who do not have a ton of time to commit to the game, this seems counterintuitive.
The arrows feel correct to me.

The 150 boards and cloth seems excessive given the new changes.

Given to Lyrrin
For next update: Capped total number of resources required to craft at 75
Topic Options