Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locked Down Containers
If this was already posted up, I apologize and must have missed it!

As it currently is, locked down containers that are NOT secure can have things put in them, but to remove them, you have to unlock the container, take the item out, and re lock-down it. Would it be at all possible to make locked down containers accessible, period? It means a lot more storage, but also doesn't negate the point of Secures imo, as Secures cannot be lock-picked or gone around etc while simply locked-down containers would be "free-for-all" comparatively?

Heart
(09-18-2019, 02:25 AM)Annika Wrote: If this was already posted up, I apologize and must have missed it!

As it currently is, locked down containers that are NOT secure can have things put in them, but to remove them, you have to unlock the container, take the item out, and re lock-down it. Would it be at all possible to make locked down containers accessible, period? It means a lot more storage, but also doesn't negate the point of Secures imo, as Secures cannot be lock-picked or gone around etc while simply locked-down containers would be "free-for-all" comparatively?

Heart

I posted about this previously and was told it was by design.

http://forums.sanctuaryshard.com/showthread.php?tid=264
I was under the impression that the point of a Secure was that it was secure and could not be otherwise lockpicked or opened by non-assigned people or ranks whereas non-secured but locked down containers could be raided by others, etc. Locked down containers that are not secure are currently just as effective at preventing people from stealing, etc. They're just a hindrance to the owner because of having to require an "I wish to release this", "I wish to lock this down" toggle to remove anything from them - which means anyone friended or co-owned to the house can do the same. It's intended to make them act exactly like secures, but requiring a toggled command?
Locked Down Containers in the past were replaced by secures since secures now allow you to set an "anyone" option for public containers.

Before secured containers you could only just lock down containers and put them behind a wall of a tables so people still had the chance of stealthing in and taking your things from them; for instance when you entered a locked room in your house or moved on of these tables.
Too low of a priority to leave open, archiving. Will consider it again at a later date if requested.
Topic Options