Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No Rest For The Wicked
He awoke with a harsh gasp for air and a fit of coughing. It took him a moment to realize that his lungs were not filling with water and that he’d had the nightmare again.

“What is it you’re trying to show me?” He grumbled aloud as he sat up, looking around trying to recall where he was. He reached over and took a drink, trying to wash away the hangover headache that he had just come to expect. 

The nightmare was always the same. The storm came out of nowhere and there was nothing natural about it. Instead of the ship making it through the storm, as it had before he found himself in the new land, it took on water and started to sink. As he fought to reach the surface of the water he seemed to be dragged down as the clouds above dispersed. But was it even clouds? The sky was so thick with ravens that he could hardly see the sky.

Audolfr shook his head and took another drink. Standing slowly he stretched quietly surveying the area around him.

“Well,” he thought, “at least I’ll have time to come up with a good excuse for my absence so she doesn’t kill me.” 

He slung his pack over his shoulder and started to head in the direction of home.

[Image: Felix-Signature-1.jpg]
I sit in the shadows hearing them but not really listening. I can’t focus, even though it’s imperative I focus. My brothers and sisters depend on me—I can’t let them down. He, taught me to care, to put the interests of Valdrdómr, above all else and yet he’s nowhere to be found.

Maybe what has me so angry isn’t the fact that Auldolfr, has disappeared. He’s always been the type of man to travel where the current takes him. And he did after all train me to be self-sufficient. Perhaps I should appreciate the fact that he trusts me implicitly, I have after all spoken for all of Valdrdómr—for him—these past few weeks.

Who am I kidding? I’m not angry he disappeared... I’m angry he didn’t take me with him. And if I’m honest, I’m nervous he’ll find all the actions I have taken, to be nothing more than massive mistakes.

“Are you sure you want to do this?”
I blink back the haze from my eyes as I stare at the commander. I’ve made plays I can’t reverse and if Auldolfr, doesn’t agree with my decisions, I’m not sure what will happen.
“Yes. The sooner we can get things done, the better.”

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Topic Options