Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alchemy + Glassblowing (Lyrinn)
Alchemy and its book skill glassblowing should be implemented as OSI/UO Base, but both of them need our crafting stations for consistency sake.

http://www.sanctuaryshard.com/index.php?title=Alchemy

Alchemy used the alchemy table, and glass blowing used the fire pit, check the Grimm scripts.

Lyrrin
I don't believe these requires much work at all, as we should be keeping the OSI/Base UO implementation which has Alchemy as its own skill and glass blowing as a book skill of glassblowing.  However take a look at how the book skill is set up compared to our Grimmy ones and make sure staff know how to put it in game.  And double check how sand is mined up.  On Grimm we mined sand for our version of glassblowing, make sure that it all works.  I'll add a mining thread to check the sand.
I have: 
  • changed the mortar and pestle to use alchemy instead of apothecary
  • disabled apothecary and the apothecary book
  • added requiring the apothecary table to craft alchemy items <-- Should we rename it to alchemy table? 
  • added requiring a furnace to craft glassblowing items
  • lowered the requirement for glassblowing/glassblowing book to 80 skill instead of 100 to be consistent with other grimm crafting book skills
  • lowered the requirement for sand mining/sand mining book to 80 skill instead of 100 to be consistent
  • confirmed that you can mine sand and use it in glassblowing

I came across a more system-wide issue that needs addressing:
The names of items when you hover over them don't match what they are. Some examples:
The glassblowing book just says "book"
The blowpipe says "quarter staff"
Sand says "silver coins"

I tried to track this down but gave up for the night. Will tackle it after getting through the rest of my TODO list (or someone else can look at it in the meantime).

I'm not sure the alchemy items are being populated correctly in the menu. I'll take a look at this later too. See screenshot.
[Image: rYnJRYI.png]
Names of items can be fixed using UO Fiddler to fix the CLILOC file:

http://uofiddler.polserver.com

"added requiring the apothecary table to craft alchemy items <-- Should we rename it to alchemy table? "
Question for your opinion.

We are going to implement the High Seas potions at some point after going live as part of TRYING to upgrade our client to the High Seas client ... which requires some significant art file testing. However we need to do this to activate Mysticism which is part of Styigian Abyss, the version prior to High Seas.

When we do those High Seas potions I am considering implementing them as a book skill. Would it make logical sense to call base alchemy apothecary, and then implement the high seas potions as alchemy as a book skill. Its a rather unnecessary change, as the name alchemy doesn't really bother me, but if you also like the way it feels and its not a lot of work, lets do it.

Lara
ps. heading into the car will answer other stuff when I'm settled there.
I didn’t really want to start a new thread since this is alchemy based already but if needed split the topic into its own thread.

I tried to find Alchemy to .spec yesterday and couldn’t find it. If it’s not a book skill should it be listed or am I just overlooking it maybe?
The spec menu isn't updated on the test server. It's getting an update on the next reboot. So yes, it should be there, but you won't be able to see it until Mith updates.
Lara, I am marking this thread as complete since alchemy/glassblowing has been implemented and is working now. I will open a new thread in the game wishlist about Stygian potions. I think it makes sense to make them a book skill, but I think we should keep the base skill called "alchemy".
Agreed, thank you
Topic Options