Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
August Review and Welcome
So, Whew!

I can honestly say that I did not anticipate this kind of influx for a UO private shard in 2019!  Heck, I assumed UO was dead and never coming back years ago.  Let me begin with the two most important things ...

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!
and
OMG I'm sooooo sorry! I didn't make enough food!

Have you ever had ONE of those parties, where you invited a few friends, and then they invited two friends, then you had more people at your party than you had food for?  I kind of feel like that right now!  I'm really glad to see you all, and looking forward to getting to know those of you who are new to our community.  But I'm also a little embarrassed that we didn't think to clean the third floor bathroom ...

We are going to be doing the best we can to make sure everyone feels welcome and can enjoy the game and some role-play while our staff and scriptors work to bring everything into the state of pre-aos fun we are all looking forward to.  It will take a few weeks, scripting takes longer then cleaning the bathroom unfortunately, but we have a really good team of scriptors who know our scripts and are banging out bug fixes and pre-aos updates at an alarming rate.

To those of you who are coming in with the goal of role-play PvP, we are very excited to have you here, and a little nervous.  Some of us are brand new to PvP so I'm going to ask you all to be a little patient with us, and take the time to teach others basic PvP skills.  I'm sure we'll come to enjoy the element it brings to our new conflict-based storyline.  

To those of you from Requiem and Khaeros, but new to our community, we know it can be a little awkward joining a new group, sometimes especially AS a group, but everyone here is very friendly, and more then happy to make friends.  I am encouraging both sides to reach out in discord and in role-play, with a general reminder that IC <> OOC.

To those of you who followed in alone, and don't really know anyone here, that's even harder!  We have all been that lone person arriving in a group where it looks like these other people have known each other for a really long time and wondering if we'll ever find a group to fit in with.  I can assure you that our community really is terribly friendly, but we encourage you to reach out to the house/guild leaders who's names are in green in discord.  They are your primary point of entry to meeting new people.

To our community, I know you are all very excited to see old friends you've not seen in years, and wondering who the heck all these other people are.  I don't really need to ask any of you to be welcoming, because I know you always are.  But I might encourage you to be patient.  There are a lot of unspoken rules that develop in online communities that we all think are common sense -- but may not be to people from other communities.  Little things like is it considered polite or rude to help kill "someone else's" mob comes to mind, in some communities yes and in some communities no ... 

*Looks around to make sure the chip bowls are full and there is ice is the coolers*

Okay, I think I said what I needed to say ...

*heads off to hunt down a beer*

See you all in game ...
Topic Options