Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
History, Player Books of yore (On Hold)
The Lore of Sanctuary has always been a large, rich and varied cornucopia of material. Character's who have influenced affected and shifted the world. Player created stories and songs. Events that took place. With characters being allowed into the world from 10 years in Sanctuary's history, it would stand to reason that there were hero's before us, as there will be hero's after us. 

These bits of information are locked away in players heads, or in folders hidden on computers. And I'd love to see them in the world. 

Here is what I'm suggesting. 

Players could submit written information to be input into a book that could be created in the world. With the following suggested criteria. 

- The story, song, or event must be associated with or directly from the player's character. 
- Submitted materials should not be about current lore, player characters or events. but historical information from the past.  
- All submitted materials will be reviewed by staff for content, and substance.  
- The submitted material will need to be formatted in HTML Formatting prior to being submitted for ease of copy and paste. 

Submitted Material can be anything pertaining to Sanctuary's history from the past ten years as is in line with character applications. It could be a song, a story, a biography, a diary, recipes, a history of a people, place or thing. 

Players would understand that after submitting, their material will be reviewed by staff for content, editing, and relevance. If approved it will be input into a book in-game and released into the wild.  

Books can be randomly spawned on mobs, at events, or for quests. Allowing players to find them, trade them, copy them and collect them. 

I feel this would flesh out the world a more, give players the ability to pay homage to previous characters and events, and even remembrance of possible characters and players who are no longer with us. It also gives players the ability to learn about the past while moving forward in the world.  

Thanks for the consideration.
This is a cool idea but needs to be onhold due to other priorities.
Topic Options