Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Order of the Silver Key
Name of House 
The Order of the Silver Key, also sometimes referred to as "the Order" or just "Silver Key". 

Which Kingdom do you hope to rule / Which Noble House do you intend to support
Andus

What God or Goddess are you hoping to place on the Arcanum Crystal?
Seshat, Goddess of knowledge, wisdom, writing, and mathematics.

Player Names
Players please post here or PM me if interested 

Brief History
The great Library and the Order that runs it had humble beginnings almost 20 years ago: four friends pooling together their small collections of precious books and scrolls. It became known that if you were looking for a treatise on medicinal herbs, or perhaps a reference on different ways to process steel, the Four were the ones to ask. If they didn't have it, they could acquire it...even if the means weren't always above-the-table. Soon others began contributing as well as borrowing, and the group of four became many. 

Contributions from rich patrons eventually allowed the Order to purchase a whole building for their Library, which at present day is filled with books on nearly every subject. The Order now recruits scholars and crafters from all over the world to study and teach others at their Library. 

The motto of the Order is: "All knowledge is worth having, at any cost.

Membership Target 
Knowledge-seekers of all kinds may be drawn to this group: magic-users, healers, builders, inventors, writers, master crafters... The Order encourages all to try and unravel the nature of the world they have been brought to. The group also welcomes warriors and knights who wish to protect the Order or help gather knowledge. The occasional rogue can also find a home here, as their skills are uniquely suited to clandestine operations.
The goal is to have a group that wields political power via knowledge, resources, and gold, but does have the ability to defend itself if attacked. Players do not have to be members of the kingdom of Andus to join.  

RPCSS Army Units
The Order funds many warriors in its service for protection. Human RPCSS army units will suit for now but the Order allows any race to join. 

Story
"We are pleased you could join us," the woman said with a small bow. She motioned the man to a chair and then sat down herself. "I am Hephaestra, head of this Order. Since you have come all this way, I hope this means you will accept our invitation?"

The man returned her bow and sat. He looked uneasy at her directness. "Madam. I would of course be pleased to teach the... procedure... to anyone willing to learn but..." He waved his hands helplessly, trying to think of a discreet way to put it.

The headmistress steepled her fingers and waited for him to trail off. "You need bodies to teach with and you are afraid people will think you are desecrating them." The man nodded, grim. 

Hephaestra continued, pleasantly, "You are not the first to teach this way. Rest assured, our scholars understand the greater good here. You will not be run out of town. Should you choose to stay, you will be offered lodgings and will have full access to our great Library during your tenure here. I do hope you will accept."

After the man left the room, Hephaestra motioned to one of the guards to join her. She said quietly, "Have him followed. If he looks like he will say no, offer to double his stipend. If he still refuses, have his notes...copied...for me." The guard bowed and hurried from the room. 

The headmistress smiled to herself and wandered down the hall to find her assistant. She didn't have to go far, as a gawky teenaged boy ran around the corner and skidded to a halt in front of her. "Madam!" he said, huffing for breath. "Please come! The mages are arguing again. The flashing lights are scaring the other patrons."

Hephaestra rolled her eyes and followed her assistant at a quick pace. "Lady help us. They're like children sometimes! What is it this time?"

The lad gave her a sideways glance but didn't have to elaborate, as shouts drifted from down the stairwell. "...full MOON! It's a..."  "eclipse only happens once..."  "But it's FIVE, not SEVEN..."

Hephaestra made it down the stairs and stuck her head in the door, cautious in case spells were being thrown around. "Gentlemen and ladies, if even one book catches fire in this building you are all banned for life." That didn't completely silence them, but the yelling dimmed to a more reasonable loud stage whisper and the room stopped flashing different colors. 

She smiled ruefully at her assistant as they continued down the hallway. "Now tell me what's left to prepare for the gathering tonight, assuming that lot..." she waved back at the room of mages, "can behave themselves enough to participate?"

Disclaimer
Agreed
I really like this, approved. I will start setting up your web page. Also on this below, the units are human-form, which means they can be any creature, including Aelfeyn or Hoggur or Muiri in human-form, doesn't have to be human fictionally. Its just a human body mob in armor. Smile

RPCSS Army Units
The Order funds many warriors in its service for protection. Human RPCSS army units will suit for now but the Order allows any race to join.
Topic Options