Cornelius
Discord Id

Mektor#8033

Previous Characters

Nicodemus

Character Name

Cornelius

Character Race & Sub-Race

Muiri: Cornelius is a Golden Retriever with a human glamour in the Summer Isle. But he is mostly just a dog.

Alternate Graphic

Dog (golden blonde).

Character Description

In his dog form (his true self), Cornelius is a gorgeous golden retriever with a thick, long, curly golden hair, leading into a very fluffy tail and skirt. As any dog worth its salt, Cornelius has eyes to die for, otherwise known as “puppy eyes”.

In his human glamour, Cornelius looks like a young lad, and a hairy one at that. He has a gorgeous curly blonde mane, and sky-colored eyes shining with gusto for life. He looks very healthy and high-spirited. He clearly has the shape of one who runs around a lot. It is visible from his mannerisms that he is borderline hyperactive and can barely stand in place. He also has some odd tics and habits which remind you of his furry nature.

Shard Plot Line

Supernatural abilities are new to Cornelius, most likely a side-effect of the spell who brought him to Sanctuary. As such, he has little grasp on what is going on. He is good hearted and loyal to a sin. Sadly, at the moment, his loyalty is missing a place to rest its feet. Chances are, Cornelius will grow attached a person who genuinely treats him nicely. If a bond forms with that person, Cornelius is likely to follow him/her to hell and back.

Special Role-play Ability

Leader of the pack: because of his beastial nature, he can talk to animals and thus has an affinity to rally wolf/dog-type critters as well as pets and tamed creatures in general (excepted squirrels and cats, generally).

Previous World

Cornelius comes from a typical fantasy realm where magic and dragons are as common as conflicts between forces of good and evil. He was none of that (though he obviously had some good in him, considering how often his mistress praised him as such a good boy).

Backstory

Cornelius was lucky to be born in the good part of town (and the world, generally). As a puppy, he was picked up by Sofia, high priestess and counsel to the king of Atwater, a realm of justice and peace. He was loved and cared for well. Since his mistress lived in the castle, so did he. That gave him plenty of opportunities to wander about the halls and the royal gardens, where he was quick to demonstrate his courage, always on the lookout for adventures.
[Image: AC0660_PK_Golden-Retriever-Welpe-mit-Blu...mbypass=on]

In the castle, Cornelius met all manners of people as well as magical creatures. He could speak to other animals but could not verbally communicate with humans and his dearest Sofia. The conversations with other animals could at times be coherent and human-like – such was the case with the wizard’s pet cat – but at others, it was animalistic nonsense. It went to show that even in animal kingdom, intellect was not so evenly distributed.

Cornelius stood by Sofia’s side as time passed, and eventually grew into his paws to become a gorgeous friend to all.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1QDPFmNtkEiILcnFTLJ-...cFF04gG1Vf]

Sadly, peace was not meant to last. An evil neighboring kingdom declared war on Atwater. After many skirmishes, the kings summoned the bulk of their forces at the no-man’s-land between their realms. This was to be an all-or-nothing battle. As such, the king led the army, Sofia by his side – Cornelius by hers.

The battle raged until twilight. In the shadow of the night, the darkness was only broken by the flashes of explosions and summons, purple mists and lightnings twirling in every direction. Despite the chaos, Cornelius stood fast next to Sofia, never flinching, even as they joined the battle to fight devilish creatures summoned on their flank. One of them, hiding in the fog, cast a mighty ball of darkness toward their group. The evil spell was headed for Sofia. Without blinking, Cornelius warned her with a bark and jumped in the spell’s way to protect his mistress. A zapping sound was heard. The dog had disappeared.

The poor creature woke up, soaking wet, stranded on the beaches of Summer Isle. As he was struggling to get up, an adventurer with kind looks approached, obviously pitying the creature: “Poor lad! What’s happened to you?” Cornelius looked up, trying to stand strong, but inadvertently giving him the look of a helpless pup. He let out a soft bark, meaning to tell the man what had occurred. To Cornelius’ disbelief, the man understood. “Don’t be so shocked”, he replied. “You’ll find many things in this realm are not what you have known before. Come on now, let’s go fix you up.” The man brought Cornelius to his home for food and healing. He geared him with a hat and baubles: “There you go. This should help. Don’t worry, I’m sure everything will become clear in due time.”

Cornelius stepped out of the house, barking a thank you to the kind man. He was ready for his new adventure, though he could not escape worrying about Sofia’s fate.
[Image: DT94zRoV4AA0A_V.jpg]
[Image: april-prime-corneil-2.jpg?1530300505]
[Image: Di-QBZCX4AU-PC3.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is a bit outside of the box type of application---but that is not at all a bad thing. I like the writing and concept. So if I'm understanding correctly, perhaps Cornelius did not know in the world he comes from that he was a Muiri, and even now as he begins this journey in this strange new world, he is discovering much about himself. Who knows, he may find he likes his human form.

Oh, I almost forgot. You have two special rp traits, please modify so it's only one. Thank you.

P.S. Cute pictures.

Thumbs Up.

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
A super cute concept, I love this idea for an Otherkin. As Daisy pointed out, you have two special abilities. I personally would go with "Leader of the Pack" if I had to choose -- puppy eyes are cute, but it's fun when they don't work on everyone Wink

Pending that, thumbs up!
Special ability : Removed the "puppy eyes" one. It's honestly more of an innate power than a special ability Tongue

Daisy : Or he may have become a muiri when the spell hit him. The way I see it he was just a regular dog before, but given his ability to talk to other animals and so on, who knows!
*thumbs up from me!!*
Yes, that was the part of the story that made me think he just didn't know. Approved. I hope you have fun with it. Smile

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Topic Options