Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A simple leather-bound bundle of parchment.
The first few pages of parchment seem to be lessons on writing, large block alphabet written in a shaky hand. 

The follow on pages are more steady but still block letters. 

I'm still not sure the date, nor time of year. Waking up here has been curi  strange. Have spent first few days porcha .. purchasing armor and a blade. 

In wandering this strange place came across a group with intent of culling an enemy within a place called dark forest. Went along though felt greatly under copab... capable in martial abilities. 

Went better than expected as stated by members of group. There are clear signs of frustration and corrections. 

Training in cypher stalled. Fear last of the chapter, perhaps even Order. Such strange wonders. 

Today came upon a Saracen while preoccupying time with blacksmithing. Do not know how am to look upon this. So many oddities seem to be upon this land. Not surprised a Saracen would be present. Very smart in most of dealings, and always believed was handling or hiding some device or knowledge of arcane design. 

Story's related of serpents Dragons, a woman whom stands head taller than my being of giant lineage. The ugliest little man have ever seen with a largely vast love affair of flax. 

Awash with curiosity and lose. Alone, unsure. Fear rides upon soul as constant companion. Sight not returned upon eye, itch so deep under skin constant... 

Hands still cannot be uncovered. 

What is it I shall do here? 
Another simple entry, fewer mistakes but seems to have taken a good amount of time by the presences of heavy ink marks on certain letters. 

Seem to have lost track of days. Yet to learn what day or system of tracking it is. 

Such a strange place, trouble describing or placing upon this parchment what truly it feels like. So many different peoples, Saw a Fae. A true Fae!? She, she sounded as if a Fae but a female. Small petite, wee wings. 

She seemed to enjoy a rather bawdy song. Magery is ever-present here, very much more than expected. Feel as if perhaps it has always been present, but others kept it hidden? 

Met three others, Ewhol, strikes of Scottish heritage, flings bolts well. Titus a wizard? smaller in stature than most. Nyre, Do not comprehend who or where or what she is. Ethereal is all I can compare her. 

Adapting truly to one eye, so much so able to fight comparable to before with the aid of a few others. So many odd and strange things here. So much knowledge not know. The strange smallish human creatures with sickish green skin and strange grunting language seem to worship an ancient eldrich stone in the dark forest. Offering bowls of blood and half butchered creatures to it. 

Such would have been burnt from the face of the earth, yet here it seems normal? Not accepted.. but understood it happens? 
Date still unknown. 

Since coming to this isle I feel as I have developed and grown. My scripting has improved vastly as I have spent many an evening copying scrolls. 

Jata feels they are nothing more than boring and bothersome but I've learned much in a short period of time from them. 

I found a manuscript as well, well more a personal journal, though it did only contain one page the implications of that singular page is astounding. 

It was a diary from an orc or goblin. It is difficult to say which. The Book was found by the original party in a troll.. yes in a troll so it either found it and decided it was good food.. or it ate the original writer. 

This individual orc or goblin that had written the page stated simply "Ate an elf, good day." And even signed its name. 

Hep was extremely excited to receive this book. I felt rather accomplished in actually being able to aid in such a find. 

I've been to some interesting places over the past few days. Underhill.. is a cave but not a cave.. seems to be a cave connecting to a secondary location full of danger and interesting structures. 

We found a Castle full of undead. I'd love to spend hours studying the manuscripts and scrolls held within. 

Last evening we found this temple? It held an actual library, guarded by two ancient wurms. 

I shouldn't ramble as such and keep more precise records of my adventures and thoughts, but so much has happened since I found myself here... 

I found a second manuscript full of.. arcane forumli. These all seeming to deal with death and balance of life and death. 

I spoke one of the formuli and felt the stranges of pull and tingling sensation in my body and suddenly this large dark wolf stepped from the ether. I've yet to understand them all fully.. but many of the formuli are capable of instilling great pain and damage against a living creature. 

I should speak of joining the Order of the Silver Key. This order much like old is dedicated to the pursuit of Knowledge and guardianship of such for the betterment of all. 

Lead by Hep, I would attempt to script her full name but I've already dumped myself in a hole for calling Gnomes evil little creatures not realizing that her short stature.. meant she was exactly that.. A Gnome. 

She took it in good jest, and I offered repartition in the form of her kicking me in the shins. I hope she does not take up the said offer but accepts my apology as sincere as it is... My shins are not keen to be kicked. 

My studies of metal and metallurgy progress well, my armor all hand forged by my own hand. I shall continue to work on this as I feel it will be beneficial in the long run. 

The sun has set long ago and the night grows long... I should seek some rest. 
I think its the 26th day.. of some month. Within a year. 

It is strange to think I've been here for such a period of time yet I still don't know fully how long... My days used to revolve around the day of the week, the hour of the day. 

Studies, martial training, worship and prayer, scription and scribery, dinner... and rest. Awake and attend to morning prayer and repeat the process... 

The only breach of the mundane day was upon the trails of the Crusade. Though it was still held to strict standard a regimented schedule shall be maintained... it really wasn't. 

Oh some of the Brothers tried, but it just was not possible in most cases when your worship and prayer could be interrupted as easily as water flowed from the oasis. 

There is many things people seem to know of my Order and many more they think they know... Though I am not surprised... Even within our own order, there was much confusion, knowledge found to show that the believes of which we were founded the principles were driven not by a divine hand but a simple man wishing to control others through their beliefs. 

That objects we had been tasked to secure were nothing more than that.. simple objects, and others... seen as heretical in nature... were in fact divine and miracle producing. 

I was asked recently how it is I am so accepting of so many strange and wondrous people being a Templar Knight. I could only answer with what I know. And that is the world is not as black and white as it is believed to be, we cannot expect each little piece to fall within a greater puzzle with ease. 

My world was light afire by the inquisition trying to suppress one of the very things I see daily used as a boon and act of goodness and kindness.. witchcraft. 

For that matter, I'd be burnt upon a stake as heretic and witch. I have grown more so in my understanding of this subject of which so many seem to think is a Dark art. 

Necromancy. 

Yet I feel within that it is anything but. It is a balancing of Life and Death a give and take, one of sacrifice and reward. I do not know what others feel on the matter perhaps I shall inquire and see. 

There is another side of me yet that I am still learning... and struggling truly to contain. I do not know if that is the proper word of which I should use, Contain. Perhaps I should state embrace. 

I lost my temper this evening. The constant badgering of my person about if I have wooed a woman, or bedded one, or kissed one, or bedded a man, or what do I do if I feel "randy" *Note.. Randy apparently means to mate or rut or procreate in other cultures. 

There seems some fascination with the topic upon my person... perhaps its the fact I do not feel it is a topic spoken about in public. Regardless if I have or have not rutted with a woman. 

It truly wasn't the Aerndir's fault that I grew angry but the wolf inside had grown frustrated enough that it asserted itself. Ewlon noticed and tried to remove me from the situation. But in the end, he ended up having to walk out of the forest with a naked man. 

Not something he wished to have witnessed, the man was me, I'd shifted and lost my clothes. And ate some bandits. 

By the by I will not be doing again. Horrid hygienic practices in that group. And the hair... my gods above and below... they have hair EVERYwhere! and I thought Lycans were hairy... this one woman... she.. Oh there are some things that just should not make it into the books of history. 

Luckily... I think I didn't end up eating her so much as her head fell off into her lap. 

I felt as I had insulted the Raven's Kiss in their home with the whole situation and I did apologize as to such. The Lady of Raven's Kiss was more than understanding and forgiving. Something I am unfamiliar with but it is not lost upon me the kindness and understanding. 

I shall end this here, as I've yet much work to do and little time to do it. Documents to be copied and prepared. And start moving the Office into the new larger building. 

We may yet be able to have both a Library and archives of antiquities within the same building.. and have room for multiple people to sit and converse. 

And sleep some were in between all this.. She was in fact very correct.. changes so sudden and harsh as the one I undertook this evening leave me extremely weak, hungry and tired... I must be weary of such things for the future... 
Days have blurred upon themselves as of late.  

The satellite library and office has come a great distance since last. Shelves in place, we've even displayed four intriguing pieces located from around the area. 

I think I've an plan to continue such but need to speak with some of the houses first. Could be interesting. 

The gathering with the wild Hunt and exchanging ofngift and words of alliance was well recieved and frankly slightly enjoyable. As always it seems it turned at a point to the instant game of let's make him blush! 

An interesting question upon the aspect of death did arise as well as what is Evil. Both things I feel I should look indepth into. More research in subjects we still have little on. 

Last eve I attended another public gathering hosted by Mistress Raewyn of the Wardens. 

I dare say I had an enjoyable time and perhaps shocked at least Miss Far with the learned ability of courtly dancing. She was quiet taken aback and I admitted I may have fibbed slightly on my knowledge of certian..things in life. 

She is quiet a good dancer. 

The evening wound down with the request of a tale of adventure. It was not one of the traditional nature I told but of the Raven and lessons of life through the eyes of a young man. 

It did infact lead after to internal and external understanding for a few of the listeners present which does my soul, what little of it's left well. 

A story is nothing more then words spun together for entertainment. A Tale though is one of insight and intrigue and leaves one talking and thinking upon it for hours after wards. 

I wasn't able to present my gifts to the hostess upon the on set of her gathering so I set them afterwards. Two long swords one of the moon and one of the sun. I do admit though both of my finer work, the moon did appeal to me. 

I will likely need to embrace it once more again soon. There was another like me their tonight. Moe caged animalistic in his bahavior. I ignored him best I could and supressed the inner beast...it's growing harder to do such. And I don't know what I'll do next time...as I've no calming aspect any longer. 

I've a few moments. I should rest. I heard rumor of a new area near the troll bridge perhaps some interesting finds shall be had. 
It's constant... 

That burning pit in your stomach. gnawing as if I had not had a meal in days. And even eating will not ease it. 

I don't know what to do. I thought crawling into the depths under the Troll bridge would ease it, and at first, it did... but only so much bloodshed eases any hunger. 

The tip of a quill seems to have rested here leaving a large blob of ink 

My first class was given this evening. I was pleasantly surprised at the attendance received. They seemed to be engaged and willing to learn.. if not slightly.. intent on turning everything into some sort of sexual innuendo... 

I'm ashamed to say I lost my temper... my old Brother Sergeant would have been proud of the language I used. 

But by gods, they did learn, and it showed. I was particularly proud of Katya this evening, always seeming to be of some whimsical attitude.. flights of fancy and adventure.. and she did get adventure and lead very well. They all came together as a group and was able to move well within the confined halls and spaces. Facing each foe as it came at us. 

It is during these times.. that I find myself not lost to that burning pit in my stomach and truly being who I am.. The Knight, a blade in my hand... walking that simple path, one of dedication and steadfast honor. 

Until I feel that darkness dwelling and growing and I release it through my hands of course... 

I tried something new this evening and shocked a few.. including myself. I am still unsure what I exactly did... the darkness dwells in me and it grows and I seem to embrace it and it me. 

The only thing that keeps me from falling into a pit of despair at this point is the knowledge I do not slip from that razor's edge... I use only what I am given. I do not take from those whom do not deserve it... and I maintain a balance. At least I think... I do. Any more I am not fully sure. 

The darkness is like a drug it pulls you into its embrace and does not wish to release you. That layered upon that beast that prowls in my depths... constant yearning to run free and what... ever has become of my hands. 

I still cannot touch anything... If I do with bare flesh... rots away.. and crumbles into dust. 

Dusty old.. historian.. that made me laugh. I think I surprised a few when I showed that I was more than just that and it was good to show that little bit of a fib to be false about me. 

I'd likely have had my knuckles rapped soundly for telling a fib in the first place. But... This place. There is so many questions and so little answers. 

I keep hoping diving myself into chapter and verse of anything I am able to find will aid me in learning, 

Why are we here?

Perhaps learning that... I will understand myself better. Until then... I'll continue to slay those of whom intend to hurt others... fully knowing I am but a tip upon the razors edge of being the very thing I wish to balance. 

And pray to any gods that will hear me... I do not find myself awake... one morn unable to return to my own mind... but stuck in this prowling beasts, just as it is stuck in mine. 
A Candle burns in the darkness.. it's flame gentle casting its warm glow out into the darkest of nights licking away at the abysmal depths that reach for it. 

We can sit and stare into that warm yellowish light for ages and never realize the full truth of what it truly means to have that candle. 

It is a tether... an anchor if you will. The very object of which provides light in the darkness. Hope in despair.  Something we all yearn for, desire for but for so many never find. 

I do not know how oft I have sat by candlelight studying for the answer in some archaic manuscript.. some feverish words of a man consumed by which they scrawl upon tattered parchment. 

Words and letters ciphered upon page after page... with so little meaning but to find that one burning glimpse at what we seek... 

It is what everyone seeks in some fashion. 

"I will be your candle in the darkness..." 

Perhaps the answer as to why we are here... lays closer at hand then we ever imagined... 
I need to place these thoughts someplace upon parchment least they escape me. 

We are upon a world where not all is as it seems.. and yet it is exactly what it seems. Were appearance truly does not matter. The wolf sleeps with the raven. 

And the lamb will frolic with the dragon. 

I find myself unable to truly sleep this evening, so much work and so few hands to do it. But I fear for others. So many houses stand with responsibilities to see to their borders and responsibilities yet so oft doing such with so few people. 

Whereas others are seduced by the promise of false words.. and flashy equipment. 

An object has found its way into my possession.. a strange faceted crystal deep purple of color. 

It stands about twelve inches high and approximately one inch wide at the top tapering down to six inches or so in the base. It seems to be designed to be socketed into another object or objects. 

When light passes through it there is an optical filter effect.. and shows some sort of internal fluid mix. 

I've a few ideas on what to test it on, but will need time and sufficient area to work. perhaps I will head to Andus tomorrow an start. 

Katya outdid her self with the gowns she made for Raewyn. as she said this evening she looks beautiful and the colors compliment her greatly. 

There was an expedition into underhill again. this strange snakelike creature.. reminded me of Sylis... I've not seen her in so many days, I grow worried she is not here any longer. 

This.. creature, was able to call forth these stone golems in its own shape. I've lost count how many times I was struck down.. the back of my head still feels the blows. 

We eventually fell the thing.. i'd wish to study it more if there was a possibility but we had to conduct a fighting retreat until all were clear. I fear at how much damage this creature took just to bring it down.. and even when its last drop of sanguine flowed from its veins upon that ancient stone floor. 

Its members.. or followers hat ever you call them felt the death of its .. I'm not sure what to call it, other than Her. and swarmed us as we were trying to exit. 

We managed to exit.. and found ourself in that little village in underhill. The oddest thing happened.. the guards fired arrows at me. I'm still at a loss as to why they did this... They aren't a terribly good shot.. but still. 

I'm fighting sleep, and I'm not sure why. I feel a storm brewing upon the horizon and I've no idea how to weather it... All I can do is protect those I care about and hope 

i fe... The entry is left uncomplete as it appears ink puddled on the bottom corner.
Crimes against Faith.. of Crime of Faith... 

Does it really matter what you flavor it as... some things still taste like shite. 

Hearing those words stated and seeing the despair upon Heph's face caused me to be beyond angered... There was a moment I cannot lie and I am not ashamed to put upon this parchment that I would gladly seek out this Karl of the Imperium. 

Rip his head off.. shove him into his own shit covered robe. pen a note to it in the most elaborate script simply stating. 

"Candy said he fucking sucked in bed. And he didn't give very good head... 

So have his back. "

And send it by post return to the Imperium. 

To what end would this bring in the long of it... really nothing but an excuse they are already looking for laying upon weak claims on the right of Inquisition. 

I think they have forgotten a few key points of matter... but what good would it to list them out... they'd not be able to read this anyways, the uneducated slobbery zealots they are... 

They regurgitate jibberish shoved down their maws like honeyed wine at a banquet for lepers. 

May their cocks forever rot and fall off... 

The frustrating matter in this is they hurt Heph. The pain she had in her eyes threatening to burn the books. You could threaten to kill her and she'd not bat an eyelash... but you threaten the books and it renders a hole in her tiny soul the likes of which it is pain to see. 

I must confess I don't know were these fools have come from to find themselves here... though they stink of zealotry and cultism... and their actions only reinforce what I've felt from the start. 

What they cannnot push through their own feeble believes they will push through force of arms. They've already tried fear tactics. I've seen Inquisitions... horrid things, the destruction of all that do not bend to the will of those enforcing it. 

I pray that the other houses see the truth of the matter... this "Crimes of faith.." or however they state it goes beyond simple veiled threats of bigotry and foolish ideology. 

It as a threat against every House and their way of life. Their right to conduct themselves as a Unique house... and ANYONE foolish enough to back it is blind. 

For as I put these words upon parchment as a remembrance of truth. They will endeavor to destroy anything that is not "their way" and once they are done with that any House that backed them and has not conformed, will in turn shortly feel the very same wraith as all others have... 

Anger does nothing in this matter, and to bend to fear only makes them stronger. 

And to think they offered clemency for a tribute... I'd willingly give them a tribute a steaming hot pile of shite where they rest their heads at night. 

It is best I finish this and make my nightly rounds before I overrun this cup of pestilence and hatred and cannot recover... 

And I hope Karl requests a visit for his little Inquisition, just so I can say "Sorry Arch-Bishop your god doesn't exist in writing, and the Library is closed." 

Belief is based upon the passing of knowledge from generation to generation, the first word of mouth then upon clay tablet, then upon parchment and bound. 

The Gods of old and new learned this and submitted themselves and their stories to the scribes and scholars of our past, and shall do such in our future... And you can always tell a fabricated god, one developed by a man for the fact of control, when instead of Worship of us and learn, its stated, Worship only us, or burn. 
God.. is a benevolent being... giving of himself so that he may wash away your sins... 

How many times had I sat through such a lecture... forgive me a sermon. Too many to count. How this benevolent being could so easily take upon it all the sins in the world so as to make my life better... 

Yet it was allowed the wanton destruction of priceless knowledge... the death of loved ones in such was as was preventable. There was no Benevolence in this "God" Because this "God" was but a man dressed up in fancy words. 

My crisis in faith as they would call it happened not long upon my return from the desert. The things upon which I saw there no man should ever see... nor have to take part in. 

But we all did... and some relished it more than others... I do not know if I was in that category... but I awake some nights in a cold sweat dreaming and yearning to feel the sting of the sand upon my face... as its blow by a hot wind. The screams of the dead and dying around me as my blade slashes through leather bone and flesh.. 

To Kill in the name of a God is to be of that God. 

Or so I thought.. 

Worship is a strange thing... I have learned. Each God or Goddess coming upon its means of power differently... You have those whom the simple prayer will sustain them in their being and faith. Others take more or less of you. 

But it is held true... as long as one person believes.. as long as one person worships... that God will exist to them.

I had the opportunity this very night to forgo all the insanity of this "Faithcrime" inquisition.. Part of me must credit Karl for even considering to offer the out... 

But as I sat there.. and thought upon it.. I knew Headmistress Heph would never sell her convictions for her own safety. 

And across from me sat Cael and Katya.. I could not look upon them knowing I had lied to save my own skin... 

So I damned myself in the eyes of the Imperium and I do not weep. 

I Worship the Goddess of Knowledge. I worship the God of the Desert. I worship the God of Justice. I bow before the Goddess of the Underworld. 

And Damn anyone who would hurt Heph or attempt to move against the Library. 

Ontop of it all I learned tonight.. that the Imperium for all their speeches and talks of being "Free will.. and freedom" are Hypocritical to the last. Worshiping some She Demon with "god like powers.." 

If you worship it. its a bloody god.. I don't care if its the outhouse seat.. in the middle of the night after drinking far to much ale in Tormus's tavern.. if you praise it as you would a god.. then its a god. Long live the toilet seat. 

But what makes it worse.. is they worship a Demon. 

This came from their Inquisitors own lips. 

I need to finish collecting my thoughts and return to my work. There is much to be done. We still need to contact the Five Houses and offer them each their office of neutrality with the Library. These offices will become sovereign pieces of territory within the library reflecting their own nation as long as they remain neutral with the Library.. 

And for one house to attack the library.. it means they are attacking every nation... 

And finish copying the Manuscripts we have on hand of the Gods and Goddess already... I did not realize how many there potentially were.. and the ones I have found so far are only of the human gods.. 

I really just wish to crawl into bed and sleep... but I doubt sleep will be visiting me any time soon... 

Oh, merciful death that upon which we worship..oh gentle caress we seek.. oh sweet surrender. I give unto thee.. my goddess.. you shall be..
Topic Options