Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Immolated Fort
‘Crawl Vessel, we are almost out’, Kayn was pulling and scraping as his hand punched through the earth and he arrived at the surface. Spitting grass and dirt from his mouth, he sighed as he stood himself up, brushing off his clothing as he looked around. Kayn was covered in a type of filth that fills mass graves, he began to brush himself off 

‘I am tired of crawling into these tunnels and graves daemon, we should find other routes to accomplish your quest.’

‘Your will is intertwined with mine, do not question our omnipotence. You should be humbled and prove your worth.’

‘Something tells me you weren’t very popular with the girls were you…’ Kayn had said as he smirked and looked forward, before his eyes could adjust to the dusk light he became blind by a great white flash. He quickly shielded himself as an intense wave of heat passed over him and trees around him became charred. He took a deep breath as his skin had lost some hair as he blinked and what was green now had ash.

‘What sort of trickery are you causing daemon, I have no patience for foolishness today after the hell that which I just crawled from.’

I do not abide in flames vessel, go toward it and find out.’ Kayn had grumbled at the statement but understood that flame was not the prince of pestilences forte. Kayn began to make his way toward the flash, making haste as surely this attracted some type of attention, as he made his way through the thin brush he saw smoldering ruins of a small fort, made of wood and all that inhabited it was now burned beyond recognition. It was burned so severely that the bones of those who were there turned to dust if touched.

Kayn ran his fingers through his hair as he flicked the ash off of his shirt, sighing as there was not much of a trace of what caused this. ‘Daemon, what type of magic is this?’ Kayn asked, but Va’shrun seemed unsure without saying a word. There was no smell of chemical, and all that was inside the small circular fort was burned so badly that evidence was impossible to collect. It seemed to have scared off the villagers as there was not a man who stepped near, the village lights were completely shut off.

There are many souls walking around vessel, they are confused…perhaps we can bring them with us?’ ‘To let them spend eternity in your plague ridden world? I assure you they would rather burn…’

Kayn noticed on the outside of the fort five sections that had footprints that were green, showing someone had stood there as they cast something. ‘This is where they stood’ He said, ‘This is where the attack came from, but why attack this small village fort with such intensity? I doubt it was worth anything truly, there is not much place for food, not much place for soldier. The village is generally unguarded…’ ‘Sometimes vessel, some men just want to burn the world’ ‘So you think this was men?’ ‘Daemons do not cause such vast destruction without cause, unless there is something worthwhile to gain….’ Kayn nodded and grabbed his things and began to depart, heading toward the village.
Topic Options