Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Application: Szar'thas
Discord ID: Industrious#5983

Character Name: Szar'thas

Character Race & Sub-Race: Hoggur / Naga

Alternate Graphic: Ophidian Mage

Previous World: Emorea; a made-up world that is the same one this fellow Naga (link) is from.

Character Description: A serpent-like creature of tall and broad stature, Szar'thas is a male Naga hailing from a temperate and dry coast where the lands are arid and seawater is plentiful. He has a lower body of a powerful snake, and the upper body of a broad-shouldered human - with just some rather unsettlingly reptilian features mixed in.

His entire body is covered in scales; larger ones below the waist, and smaller ones closer to the head. The largest of these iridescent scales are of glossy black of color, while most of the smaller ones are emerald-green.

His eyes have thin, slit-shaped reptilian pupils. His head has a fair amount of long, flexible , sharp and spine-like tendrils growing from it; giving a semblance of a long, swept-back and spiky hairstyle. His teeth appear to be sharp and pointy like that of a carnivorous predator, and his fangs are considerably longer than the rest of his teeth. His tongue is forked and colored black.

He stands usually around seven tall, but can appear tremendously taller if he pushes himself up with his long tail to gain some extra height. This takes some strenuous physical effort though.

Character Kingdom: Undecided; possibly Emlyn or Andus.

Shard Plot Line: While magic is ultimately where this mage-priest's heart lies, he has experience on the intricacies of court intrigue and administration - and is even somewhat acquaintances with battlefield command. While not vying for the topmost leadership position in any organization, he would make an excellent advisor and a lieutenant to anyone who manages to win his loyalty.

Special Role-Play Trait: Shimmering Scales. A manifestation of his magical nature, his scales seem to bend the light around them in the most curious sorts of ways; sometimes making the scales reflect light like small mirrors or shiny gemstones; sometimes creating what can only be described as "miniature mirages". This does not happen all the time, and it is not like he can use it to vanish into thin air or anything. At most, this innately magical trait just seems to make him particularly eye-catching - and sometimes kind of hard to look at.

Backstory: They had received reports of their sister-nations being overrun by Arachnas of all things. At first, Szar'thas and his kin could not believe it. But a single fateful night proved all of their skepticism woefully wrong; a massive onslaught of Arachnas swarmed their cities like a nightmarish flood; razing their homes, structures and monuments to the ground. It happened so fast and everywhere at once, that it must have been carefully premeditated and planned.

By the looks of it, the accursed spider-creatures had came in full force to exterminate them once and for all. It was a genocidal massacre in every sense of the word. Their kind were being indiscriminately butchered or straight up eaten on the spot!... There was no mercy - only bloody and ravenous violence. The temple-cities burned whilst panicked screams and nightmarish chittering filled the air.

Szar'thas and his contingent of fellow mage-priests and temple guards fought to give the civilians at least a small chance to escape. Truly, they fought like devils, and for a moment it almost seemed like they had managed to halt the unending tide!... but in the end turned out to be hopeless. Even though they managed to slay the accursed spider-creatures by the hundreds, it seemed to make no difference to the swarm. For every Arachna they managed to put down, five more took its place.

A brass horn bellowed out somewhere in a distance - someone was signaling for a retreat!... However, Szar'thas and his brethren found themselves surrounded and unable to comply. It was just too much! One by one, his kin were either cut down or toppled over under the weight of the swarming arachnids.

Suddenly, he felt an impact - like something immensely heavy had struck the back of his head! A bright flash of light blinded his eyes, followed by a feeling of weightlessness!... Then nothing.

He was unsure what happened, he could see only bright nothingness in every direction: no shapes, no shadows, no sounds… No sense of touch, temperature or anything.. All was bright and endless.

Did he die? Was this death? Or was he merely unconscious? By the Sun, he prayed that their struggle had not been in vain, but he had trouble mustering the anger he had felt during the battle.

He was not sure how long he floated in nothingness, but it felt like ages. He had just begun to feel a semblance of despair, when he saw an outline of a figure, which soon turned into a visage of his deity!... It was unmistakable! But then the vision started to fade away, along with the white space.

What replaced it was a feeling of ground beneath his bulk, and the sensation of sunlight and gentle wind on his scales...

Edit: Edited in adherence to this update to the application requirements (link).
Interesting!

Thumbs up.
Thumbs up

And I heard a voice say, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?", and I said "Here I am. Send me"
Love it. Thumbs up
Thumbs up from me as well. I do like this app and the way the backstory is written and I look forward to interacting with this character

Through the darkness, I am once again born and whole.

[Image: 6yejUdPm.jpg]
Approved. Thank you for editing the application and including the new question. I hope you find the right house that fits you and you enjoy the rp.

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Topic Options