Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rin
Discord Id: Cele #3115

Character Name: Rin

Character Race and Sub-Race: Muiri/Kitsune

Alternate Graphic: Kitsun Tsuki (I don't know the number)

Previous World: From the folklore of a forgotten land (aka ancient Japan)

Character Description: Rin's original form on the physical plane is that of a large, red fox. Having just reached the age of 300 he has earned his third tail but is still considered something of a child for his people, equivalent to 17-19 in human years. His preferred human glamour is that of a tall elven-esque male, standing at approximately 6'7 with pale skin and surprisingly graceful features with pillowy lips, a delicate but straight nose, and large almond shaped light blue eyes that are nearly violet. Long dark hair that appears to have never been cut is kept back in a braid or high tail when in public but is allowed to flow freely about his form in private. 

Appearance

Character Kingdom: Unsure, either Emlyn or Kraestrat

Shard Plot Line: Rin has sworn fealty to Emperors and Lords in the past, using his military prowess to protect and further their claims. It is what he has known and intends to do in this world. Once he finds his place within a house or kingdom he will offer his skill as a warrior to hopefully serve as a supporting soldier/knight/guard type. 

Special RP Trait: While Kitsune enjoy and partake in the pleasures of mortal food and drink, it does not completely sate or nourish them. From time to time, Rin must feed form the essence of the world around him. While this can be drawn from natural things such as fire or water, the soul has a mystical quality, making it the strongest source of essence. Some believe that Kitsune do not possess a soul of their own and rumors have spread that they can steal those of others. This is untrue and only a small portion is fed from at a time, though what effect this has on the other being is unknown. (This would only be used in rp with the consent of another player and the effects it has on their character would be completely up to them.)

Backstory: His lord had been unprepared for the fury with which their enemy assaulted the gates. When Rin joined the fray the first defenses had given way and the warriors spilled into the courtyard. Despite their efforts, there was nothing they could do to hold back the swelling tide of foes and Rin urged his lord to retreat, give up the castle and live to muster the rest of his troops. It was to no avail.

The Kitsune stood his ground before the man who he owed his oath but there was no hope. When at last his master had fallen, and he himself had taken more than one mortal death blow, he retreated to the inner sanctum of the shrine to Inari. He had ever found favor with the Goddess and if it was Her will that this would be his last day in this mortal realm then so be it.

He sank down onto the cold, stone floor. The cries of the women and children of the keep filled his ears. There was no more he could offer, no more he could do. With his back rested against the altar, he closed his eyes, willing himself into a meditative state.

When it seemed that all the noise had fallen away and perhaps he was in the place between life and death he opened his eyes. Instead of standing in the presence of Inari or Her handmaidens he was instead resting against the trunk of a tree and the warmth of an afternoon sun filtered through the leaves, kissing his skin.

He was not certain where he was but it seemed his ancestors had more for him to do before he was called home.
Thumbs up, this story is so sad! Well done, I really liked reading!

Contrary to popular belief, the wings of demons are the same as the wings of angels, although they're often better groomed.

--Neil Gaiman
*offers cookies to tempt him to Kraestret* >.>

Thumbs up!
thumbs up!
Thumbs up, great story!  The RP ability may be able to be shown through Spirit Speak, but I like it.

Minor clarification.  You mentioned your alternate graphic being a "kitsune tsuki" but there is no critter with that name.  There is a bake kitune, or a tsuki wolf.  Which did you mean?

[Image: Raewyn-Signiture.jpg]
Thumbs up with kutara's clarification

And I heard a voice say, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?", and I said "Here I am. Send me"
approved for the kitsuni not the Tsuki wolf.
Thank you! The Bake Kitsune is what I thought was called the Kitsun Tsuki so it is perfect!
Updated for Shard Plot Line question.
Topic Options