Eisali#3573
Character Name -
Marcus Reyne
Character Race & Sub-Race-
Summon/Construct, Sub-race: Demon Bonded/Possessed
Alternate Graphic
Black Gate Demon
Character Description -
Marcus stands likely at average or below average human height for a male at 5’10. He has light brown hair that is cut short and is well kept. He presents him with a mixture of military discipline and wild intrigue towards the unknown. Despite the way he carries himself with a sword and armor, magic was his first love, and his frame shows it. He is skinny for the way he fights, though his body is well toned there is less muscle than one would expect from someone trained with a sword. His right hand is covered in deep purple and black colored scales, fading into the skin just past the middle of his forearm. The fingernails on that hand are black, sharp, and very tough. His eyes are a beautiful hazel color, though the whites of his eyes seem to have a blackness creeping in from both corners of his eyes. 

Marcus in Demon form (AKA Thir'gul) is a very large demon, roughly the same height as most dragons, around twenty feet with a massive wingspan. The demon form is a purple hue with bat like wings, all black except the bottom of each wing is seemingly covered in blood. Equally large horns adorn the top of its head, while its eyes are completely black. Like most demons, it has hooves for feet.
Character Kingdom -
Kraestret
Special Role-play Ability-
Devil on My Shoulder - Being a mage first, warrior second, Marcus can allow the demon inside him to control the human voice for a period of time during situations where intimidation and hostility would excel. (Just a hue change of font and different attitude/personality.) After the ten to fifteen minute period, Marcus has a hard time speaking once he regains control of his own voice.
Previous World
Not another shard, but the RP World he comes from is called Latheria.
Backstory -  
*Forward Marcus, we’re almost there!* The voice inside his mind growled. This battle seemed to have lasted days, but they had only a short distance to go. So Marcus ran on, though his legs were exhausted from the fighting, and running. His spells were wearing off and the weight of the platemail was starting to press down on him without the magical assistance. *There it is Marcus! We’re here! It is my turn..* the voice echoed loudly in his mind as the man stopped and dropped his sword, starting to recite a chant. “You’ll go no further, abomination! Mankind should have accepted their fate.” A different voice boomed from ahead of them. The being was quite large, roughly fifteen to twenty feet in height, with a great wingspan and held between two armored hands was a massive sword. “It is time.” Marcus whispered.

Scales began to creep out of the fingertips of Marcus, crawling rapidly over his entire body, like spiders. At first they barely went anywhere seeming to “burrow” into the platemail, and increase that area in size. As they became still, scales formed over where platemail once was, and his hand had grown immeasurably. By the time it was over, a very large demon with black wings stood where Marcus was. “ABOMINATION!” the figure in the distance yelled in anger! *We can do this Thir’gul! Iszela will know when it's time.* Marcus’ voice echoed in the demon's head this time as it flew at their enemy full speed. “You think you will be a champion of humanity, but you will only be remembered as a deserter!” the booming voice cackled, and echoed across the land. As it’s sword was stabbed into the ground, a surge of energy came down from the heavens and struck Thir’gul. Then everything was black.

It was Marcus who woke up, confused by the strange land that was now before his eyes. He spent the next two years searching where he could, trying to find a way back home, and while they hadn’t given up they both had agreed that it wouldn’t hurt to start making a life for themselves here. Six years later and Marcus has built connections and a small sense of power for himself, one he intends to grow in size in Kraetstret. (Might be applying to run a Noble House)
Hiya! I just wanted to make a quick clarification here with you!

As per the Wiki on the Human race,

Humans, and all sub-races, are found with nearly equal measure in all of the five kingdoms. Player's who choose to play humans are actually the sub-race of demi-human, rather then regular human. Demi-humans have greater strength, constitution and reflexes then the average native human (NPC) -- they are heroes able to compete against non-humans.

Would you say that your character would fall into that category of demi-human? Big Grin

Contrary to popular belief, the wings of demons are the same as the wings of angels, although they're often better groomed.

--Neil Gaiman
(07-30-2019, 10:57 PM)Katya Wrote: Hiya! I just wanted to make a quick clarification here with you!

As per the Wiki on the Human race,

Humans, and all sub-races, are found with nearly equal measure in all of the five kingdoms. Player's who choose to play humans are actually the sub-race of demi-human, rather then regular human. Demi-humans have greater strength, constitution and reflexes then the average native human (NPC) -- they are heroes able to compete against non-humans.

Would you say that your character would fall into that category of demi-human? Big Grin

I think that actually confused me more. Even regular human players are the sub-race of Demi-human? Would Demi-human be the -main- race then? Marcus is a human (whatever version that would be considered in this world) who made a bonding pact with a demon. If demi-human is the correct response for sub-race I'll gladly put it if the rest of his application still works?
Good Morning!

Love the app, and having read it, the race category in this case is going to be Summon and Constructs because I feel that having a weakness to salt which works against magic is a better choice then against silver which is the human's weakness.  Furthering the logic, I believe something like this could have happened to any of the races, it its the possession which distinguishes the choice.

So I've edited your app correctly, and I will update the wiki as well so others who want to do this know that a "possession" moves you into the summons group.

As for your question about Demi-human, let me explain it in a different way for your own edification:

If the player is native and human, the sub-race is technically Demi-human not normal human. Normal humans are natives and not able to compete with the other more fictionally powerful races in anyway except sheer numbers. Consequently, because player characters are heroes, and have the same game mechs as vampires, weres, fey, giants, etc, they are classified as "Demi-human".

And thumbs up!
Thumbs up from me as well after the clarification

And I heard a voice say, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?", and I said "Here I am. Send me"
I really enjoyed reading this—I think it was a well-thought out character concept and I think it will be fun to rp with this character.

With Lara's clarification, Approved. Smile

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Topic Options