Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sylise
Discord Id - Morde#0476

Character Name - Sylise

Character Race & Sub-Race - Hoggur/Naga

Alternate Graphic - 9644(Ophidian)

Previous World - Emorea

Character Description - She has the upper body of a human and the lower body of a snake. Sylise at normal height is just shy of six feet, though her tail extends several feet behind her, which allows her to rise up far taller when she desires. At her tail’s tip is a sharp, poisonous barb. Her skin is covered in scales that are small starting at her head and increase size as it reaches her hips. The scales upon her humanoid portion is a pale grey-green and the serpentine portion are gold and green. The scales have an iridescent quality in certain lights. Her eyes are sharp and yellow, and her tongue is forked. She has one set of arms and sharp claws. Hair is long and green, but neatly bound with varying ornaments.

Character Kingdom - Emlyn most likely - I do not know yet.

Shard Plot Line: As a high priestess in her home of Emorea, Sylise has served her Queen and their deities with unwavering faith - the fight for the greater good and for what she deems honorable and true. Wherever she ends up, she will offer herself as a combatant in a supporting role to  help their noble cause.

Special Role-play Ability - Environmental Adaptation. Sylise has the ability to adapt to her environment to some degree.

Backstory  - The capital had finally fallen and with it so did the Empire. Three years prior, theirs was a peaceful, but strong nation and a proud race. Yet, it changed almost overnight when the Arachna invaded and took control of the Queen’s city. The children were slaughtered first, purposely. Then, the old. Their libraries, homes, temples all razed to dust. The men and women fought hard, by tooth, nail, and barbed tail. But in the end, the few that remained were faced with two options: Surrender and be executed, or flee and hopefully survive. They fled, the few of them that remained. The underground network of caves of their land afforded them safety and the pools of bioluminescent waters gave them relief. Yet, the safety was temporary.

The Arachna had already infested their catacombs and their silken threads hung thickly upon her people’s ancient columns and structures. One by one, the handful of refugees met their demise within the caves, leaving Sylise behind, or disappeared without a trace. Fueled by blinding rage, she vowed to hunt their enemies until her time came, picking them off one by one as she stalked through the caverns. Months passed and she grew weaker, finding new winding paths that led deeper into the cave system than even the Arachna or her people knew. A doorway etched upon the cave wall and marked with alien symbols caught her attention. Above a depiction of two serpents knotted together and biting each other’s tail stood raised and mounted. Though she stared at the solid rock wall, she swore she saw the movement of a tail beyond it. Intuition told her to follow, that perhaps it was one of her kin, while logic told her it was impossible. In a sudden burst of movement, Sylise entered the doorway and followed the tail and found herself in a foreign land unlike the one she knew.
I don't see anything off about this unless another staff member does. Looks great. Thumbs up

And I heard a voice say, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?", and I said "Here I am. Send me"
Thumbs from me. Love naga.
Thumbs up.

Contrary to popular belief, the wings of demons are the same as the wings of angels, although they're often better groomed.

--Neil Gaiman
Maybe I missed it but you didn't mention where this character original comes from. And as Laiken comment, it's cool to see a Naga character—I don't believe I have ever seen someone play one in UO.

Thumbs Up. Smile

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Sorry about that - she comes from a made up world, not anyplace from written books or video games.

Her home of origin is a world called Emorea.
Approved. Smile

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Updated for shard plot line.
Topic Options