Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Application for Aderyn
Discord Id – Carwyn

Character Name – Aderyn

Character Race & Sub-Race- Human / Demi-human

Alternate Graphic – Generic Bird (preferably blue)

Character Description - Aderyn is of average height, strong but skinny.
Height: 5'-8”
Weight: 130 lbs
Eyes: Light Grey
Hair: Dirty blonde

Character Kingdom – Andus

Special Role-play Ability – As punishment / the price of learning the art of magic, Aderyn has had his shadow stolen. 

Previous World – Krynn from the Dragonlance universe

Backstory – The red robed man blinks at the bright sun beating down. Wiping the trickle of sweat from his face he looks around. Not three heartbeats earlier and Lunitari knows how far away he was going to die but in a flash he was someplace else.

Standing before his master in the tower of High Sorcery of Wayreth, Aderyn cringes when asked “Have you brought me the item?” Shaking his head negatively, the red robed mage admits that he has failed. Bromuck, his master exhales loudly “My student, you show much promise, but I cannot allow failure to go unpunished it gives the other students inaccurate ideas about my requirements.” Glancing down at his familiar, a ginger tabby named Stuva, Aderyn nods “I understand sir and apologize for failing you.”

From his chair Bromuck manipulates his fingers in such a way that a ball of pure electricity forms in the palm of his right hand. “Twice you have failed me, I cannot permit it to happen a third time.” With a flick of his arm the ball flashes across the room striking Aderyn in the chest and his world goes dark...

Surrounded by silence and pitch darkness the young mage runs his hands over his body checking for damage. The silence is broken by a gentle laughter “You're fine Aderyn, I rarely intervene in such trivial matters but I see much promise in you, lad. Much promise indeed so I've brought you here to make a bargain.” Confused Aderyn can only mutter a single “Uhm.”

The disembodied voice laughs again, “A bargain lad, I've taken your familiar and sent her someplace. I will send you to someplace else on that same world. Search for her and strive to reach your maximum potential. When you do so you will find her and be ready to go back and face your former master on more equal footing.”

Before he could utter another word, Aderyn found himself in a desert with storm clouds gathering on the horizon, he pulls a small bag of powdered herbs from his robes and scatters them on ground. Speaking the words that years ago began his life as a mage he is transformed into a small blue bird. With a leap Aderyn takes off and begins flying higher and higher searching for signs of civilization.

***Update to answer new Application question***

A short note written in the margins of an arcane tome

After a long flight, running from perhaps even guided by the storm I landed on a smaller land mass that I have since learned is called “Summer Isle.” It seems a nice place but there seems to be some underlying tension that occasionally surfaces amongst the inhabitants. I've begun gathering supplies to resume my training and look for Stuva when possible.

There is a break in the writing but it begins again on the next page

It's been almost two weeks and I've begun to settle in, the Mage Master allows me to borrow a spare bed upstairs and to use the downstairs sitting area as a place to study my craft while he supervises. 

Another break

Lately my sleep has become troubled by strange dreams. I fear my for lack of a better word “patron” is trying to send me a message. In the dream a disembodied voice tells me to seek the southern sands and locate the silver key. 

Another break in the writing which continues on the next page.

It seems fate or something is guiding me. Last evening there were rumors that an organization called the Order of the Silver Key was meeting in search of new members. After attending I am convinced that my “patron” wishes me to join this group, perhaps to aid them in some upcoming struggle?
Excellent, thumbs up, only one comment:

Human
All PCs are technically Demi-human unless they are natives which then means they are NPCS.
Thumbs up (with aforementioned caveat)
Interesting backstory. Demi-Human, Approved. Smile

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
Solid thumbs up. demihuman already mentioned

And I heard a voice say, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?", and I said "Here I am. Send me"
Topic Options