Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knockback function
Something that Illarion did for pvp function was have a knockback when the character was reduced to 0 hitpoints, they'd be briefly stunned so in pve they were most likely dead (there was a slim chance you could survive being knocked down in pve, usually if you had a group with you they could protect you while you were down) in this state you couldn't parry or defend yourself from the next hit which would inevitably ghost you.

What this would offer is an option for pvp combat without actually killing your opponent if you don't want to actually do so. Say you just wanted to slap the dirty thief on the wrist for trying to rob you and let him go after spanking him.  You could also have training sessions where characters can test out group strategies on each other, where they could have mock battles where they learn how to work together, this wouldn't be ideal if every fight ended in engine death.
This is something that I think would be a good idea. I'm not sure if Knockback is the right solution, but I don't want to forget that something like this, or some type of net capture system, might be a good idea.
Topic Options