Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tale of Sun and Moon - The Moon
[[This is the story of Eli and Melinda. Please ask, if you want to join]]

Chapter 1: A new life

Darkness. That’s the first I can remember. I felt weak, like all my strength was drawn out. When I opened my eyes, I found myself in a room, I did not know, laying on a bed. I tried to remember, but there was nothing but foggy darkness and a bitter pain within my heart. I went downstairs a found two men claiming to be a healer and a mage. I could not believe what they told me. Obviously, I was in a place called Summer Isle, in a town called Evervale. Both, I had never heard before. I learned that I was found unconscious nearby and took three days to wake.

That was a lot to take. I was confused and scared, as all I could remember was my name: Melinda Vale. And as if that was not enough, I was told they recognized latent magic within me. Who was I? A mage? Where did I come from? What was this place and how did I end here? The healer told me, I was found near some kind of magic portal, that closed after I fell from it. I had been lucky, to be found immediately.  None of it made any sense to me.

The next days, I wandered the town and the surrounding area, trying to remember at least something. But it seems, my past stays sealed away in shrouding darkness. All that there is, is this bitter pain, whenever I try to remember. By then, I had two possibilities: Hanging in a past I can’t remember or trying to start a new life in this place. The first one, was not an acceptable option. So, I tried several crafts but it seemed I had a certain talent for farming, cooking and tailoring. Could have been worse and I had a chance to earn me a living at least. I spent a lot of time in the tavern of Evervale, as the cook there allowed me to use the kitchen.

It was there, I met him there first time. Tall grown, with stunning blue eyes and surrounded by a warm aura of calmness. His white robe and head a bit dusty from the road. He sat at the bar, leaning his delicately crafted staff against the counter a gave me a friendly nod for a greeting, before ordering a pitcher of wine from the bar tender. I just shook my head. A full pitcher of wine before noon? Well, I saw my chance and offered him some of my freshly backed bread to go with it, but he just smiled and denied, ordering some roasted bird from the cook instead.

Well, I sat with him, asking if there was a reason to drink that early. He said, there wasn’t but we kept talking and I even made him drink water instead. Time flew by and soon, he had to go. I realised to late, that we did not introduce. But something told me, I was to see him again and I should be right.

A few days later, I met a man called Arnau. A role model of an adventurer and fortune hunter, strong, impatient proud, and flirty. I have to admit, he was attractive, but also a dare-devil and a show-off, and more than self-confident. We sat at the tavern, when the mage from the other day showed up again for some wine. As I learned, he goes by the name Eli Dahmut and was well versed in the arcane arts. Arnau instantly started to brag and show off, saying slaying a dragon would be nothing for him. I felt flattered by his flirt attempts and silly as I was, I agreed to accompany him on a hunt in the nearby areas, despite Eli’s warnings. I honed my skills in magic and druidry and believed in Arnau’s words and thus, I saw a chance to practise. A grave mistake, that earned only me a bed with the healers for several painful days, in the end. Lesson learned…

The next time I met Eli, I just left the healer’s cottage, still wrapped in bandages. I felt ashamed and silly, for not listening to his warnings. He eyed me with worry, but stayed calm and somehow, his calmness eased me as well. We took a walk around town and talked and at some point, he asked me if I ever had left Evervale since I arrived, offering to show me a place call Drökkburg. Well, why not? We boarded a ship and I had to spent the trip bellow deck for getting seasick instantly. Honestly, it felt embarrassing. But he just smiled and let me to a huge fountain in the centre of town. There we set and talked until the sun was soon to set. It was then, when he asked if had a place to stay. Well, to stay with the truth, I was still staying with the kind healer and mage who found me, back then. To my great surprise, he invited me to his home, saying he could offer me a room. I confessed, I could not effort to pay any rent. He just laughed and waved his hand dismissively, saying he expected nothing in return. I was surprised and confused, even more, when he showed me the large room, he meant for me.

Why would he do this?
Why would he help me?

Again, he left my questions unanswered and just smiled, bidding me a good night, before he left. It has gotten late, so I decided to stay for the night. How little did I know back then, that this evening marked the true beginning of my new life...
Chapter 2: Paths of Fate

The upcoming days, I spent with earning some coin, honing my magic and druidry and to set up my room. Yes, I had decided to stay with Eli. Why not? He was nice and helpful and a true gentleman, well, most of the time. He put in much effort to make the house a nice place to live, but soon he asked me to take over to give it a “female touch” as he called it. I felt honoured and challenged at the same time. He even gave me quite some funds to cover all the costs. Anyway, I refused to let him pay for my private room. I just didn’t want to abuse his kindness.

I had quite some fun, turning the house into a cosy place. It took quite some time to finish. The first two weeks, we barely crossed paths, though. I believe he wanted to give me some room to settle down. Nonetheless, he organized a job for me, so I could cover my needs, giving his word for me to Farrah, the master mage. Again, I was surprised. He did not really know me that well, yet he risked his reputation. I was eager, not to let him down. To thank him properly, I decided to surprise him with a freshly cooked meal, that evening. A dinner turned into a half-night talk and I must confess, I really enjoyed it.

From that day on out, we spent more time together, talking for hours, or working together, or just share dinner. Over time, I really grew to like him. He was one to talk about everything with, he had a talent to make me laugh and it just felt good to spent my time with him.
And that’s why I will never forget that day of fate, back then in Evervale:

It was Arnau, who had found him at the bank, collapsed and covered with various severe wounds. He called me immediately and from that moment on, everything within me just focused on Eli. I was still rather an apprentice to Druidry, so my spells were not strong enough to heal him. “Orcs” was all, he could whisper before fainting. I was shocked, seeing all these wounds, all this blood. I desperately tried to close the wounds with my magic, but all I could do was control the bleeding. I can’t remember when she appeared or where she came from, but suddenly, there was to woman, wearing all blue. The ordered me back to focus and prevented me to panic. With her help, we somehow managed to bring Eli to the healers. I did not even realize, she turned into a blue dragon along the way. All I could see, was Eli and only one thought hammered inside my head:

“I must not let him die! I can’t lose him!”

Suddenly, the mere thought of losing him, caused a deep pain within my heart.

While the woman sewed up his wounds, I kept up my healing spells. My hands were shaking, my vision started to blur. But I only knew one thing: I must not stop. When I fainted, I just heard the woman’s voice. “It is done. He will be fine.” I overexaggerated my strength by far. When I came to, in the bed right next, Eli was already gone…
Topic Options