Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mithril and Lara
Lara strode into their rooms, her booted feet landing with stuccato precision on the worn wooden boards.  Her conservation of movement was the only orderly thing about her.  Her appearence could set the drill master's face into perpetual spasms.  She pushed the tangled dirty blonde hair out of her face with no regards for how it snagged on her plated glove.  "Well, the general's gone and lost the last of our mercenary forces, and I'll bet the coffers are empty.  We'll be seeking a new Lord by the solictice."

Mithril looked up from the table he had been sitting at, pondering a pile of scattered maps across its surface. He took a moment to register what she had said before a tight frown would spread scross his tanned face and he shook his head slowly, turning to glance back at the maps. "I imagine you are right. It was inevitable, I suppose, given his predeliction to abandon all strategy and just throw men at any problems that came his way." He turned his head back to her, his long golden hair falling down his shoulders, "I just hope that we can, eventually, find one that is worthy of our pledge."

Lara threw herself into a chair, a sturdy one, she knew better then to sit in delicate chairs. "It's beyond all good sense. I can't even understand why he didn't just retreat and draw up actual soliders rather then hiring mercenaries in the first place!  We could have wintered up north, found some new allies, and trained better.  He just can not deal with loosing that stupid tower."  Throws up her hands in frustration.  Lara was animated, which only meant one thing, she was considering hitting something.  Usually this was better then /final action/, which could rarely be deflected with either ale or scones.

Mithril grunts in agreement as he reaches out to take a nearby pitcher, and fill another tankard with the remaining ale, passing it over to her, "He is no real general. Likely got the position because of some stupid social standing. He could not have earned it through merit, he has none". He picked up his own tankard and drew deeply from it as he sat back in his own chair, propping his feet up onto the desk, scattering some of the maps onto the floor. "Perhaps we should visit Caerleon once more. It has been a while. We've been on the front for months now. With the general gone, the rest of the men will likely scatter back where they came from. At the very least, we should report what has become fo the general to the Capitol". He smirked a bit as he looked over to her, "It would be nice to have a proper bath again"
Lara wrinkled her nose at him letting out an inelegant snort. "You had a bath not just three days ago and our rooms still reek when I come in.  I do not think it is the bathes that you want, but rather then pretty bath girls who swoon and coo at you." Lara booms a laugh as a memory strikes her. "It took me a week to get you out of Al Shadiya once you found the bath chamber there!  And you were broke and still drunk!" Lara looks deeply amused by this, the reason why would only make sense to Mithril.  She gave him an appraising look and added. "You'll want to shave before you arrive though, that beard isn't a good look on that pretty face of yours."  Lara absently fingered a sash at her waist that was as much decoration as it was holding up her tankard. "Did we leave our court things at the capital?  I don't fancy shopping if I can avoid it."

Mithril grinned and then barked a laugh at her words and expressions before nodding slowly, "That is true, but it was an elegant time!". He then reaches up to stroke his fingers down the sides of his face and frowns once again, "Indeed, I must look like a bear with all this hair". He stood and headed to a broken mirror, hung on a tent pole nearby to examin his face. He grumbled a bit, then nodded as he turned back to her, "Aye, we left them back in the capitol. There was not likely be an occasion to have them out here, and I was sadly proven correct. Likely we should leave sooner, rather than later. I would rather not give the general the chance to provide some other story for his actions before we arrive."
Topic Options