Poll: How are we doing
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Better then I expected
56.25%
9 56.25%
Fine, keep swimming
31.25%
5 31.25%
Some bumps but getting handled
12.50%
2 12.50%
There is room for improvement!
0%
0 0%
Don't give up your day job
0%
0 0%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening Week Feedback
Good Morning All,

I am doing the first of my spot checks on how things are going.  Most of you have been thru this opening with us before, but some of you are brand new to not only our community but to UO in the first places.  This is exciting and rare!

To all of our old hands:
How is it going, everything generally working smoothly?  Enough staff? Need more?  Getting any RP? Have all the bugs been posted?  What are you looking forward to, etc.

To those new:
First let me apologize as many of us haven't done this in a while so our help is a little sketchy, we took nearly a five year break from our last shard!  But otherwise, how are we doing, and what do we need to improve on.

And generally good rules for all things: Please use your inside voices, and provide constructive feedback.

The Sanctuary Team
Giving up a day job is an option?

I think everything from both staff perspective and playing perspective is going swimmingly. I just wish I had more hours in the day to do both.

I think we have a great staff and that coverage is pretty good. I’m not sure about European morning coverage but that would be he only thing I can think of if it’s even an issue at all.

Role play has been fun in a get to know people and trade 18 ribs for a dress kind of way. I love that people are so willing to help out.

Thanks for providing a cool place.
Random thoughts and feedback:

The files installed with no trouble and worked on the very first try as has everything I've done IG. 

I've been IG two night now and have gotten more accidental RP than I have had in the last year on other shards when actively seeking it.

Grimm was my first RP shard and it was truly a magical place. Just walking around on the map again is bringing back many happy memories. The old "Welcome Home" greeting comes to mind.
I've actually gotten some wonderful rp, though honestly at the moment I'm trying to get acclimated with skills I have not used in years. I love the new additions to staff, I think they are helpful. I am looking forward to the new map, to building some new awesome little castle/forts, or some interesting bits (you know me I love UO building), and the rp that I hope to gain with the implementation of the RPCSS.

I'm excited on many fronts and I think we are doing great.

[Image: Dali-Signature-3.jpg]
1 1
More staff that are fully up to date/have their staffchars/trained and actually in game would be nice Wink But that will be fixed soon I'm sure.

Otherwise I think everything seems pretty smooth sailing, really. The amount of RP already has been absolutely awesome!
I won't lie, I have missed Grimm and Comraich to the point that the past two years or so I've been wishing there was a comeback. The amount of friendly RPers here has always been above and beyond the others - It's easier to engage with characters and the ability to find accidental RP is leaps and bounds better.

I'm impressed by how quickly the staff has learned how to fix issues and their response times are great.

Any bugs, missing items, issues seem to be quickly handled or at least responded to in a positive manner. Keep that up - I love it and appreciate it. Those small bumps are easily smoothed out and I feel that the more staff become confident and trained the better everything will get.
I'd like to point that Idea to gather all players at a single place was good. World is big but having a place to trade and meet others helps us to roleplay.
I am having a great time rping and exploring the start area! Cant wait to see the next Expansion!

[Image: Wyldeheart.jpg]
I'm very happy and thankfull, the graphics are beautiful, the game mechanisms seem solid so far, and the server runs smoothly, even from Europe.

I would like though to express the point of view of someone who has never played Grimmwold and has never been part of your community before :
It was not easy, at first, to put together all the pieces of the puzzle concerning the "main plot" and how my characters could become involved. When i wrote my application, i had no idea what was going on, for the simple and good reason that, in fact, nothing is going on yet, at least on the main map, and we all are in a newbie area, so i felt a kind of "shift" between what i experience in game, and what my chars are supposed to be in theory ( I hope that makes sense, it's not easy to explain Confused  ). It's only after reading many more times all the pages of the web site and the forum, and more than all, receiving explanations on discord from you guys who are very helpful and patients, that i could (at least i hope Tongue ) start to see the big picture.
So in conclusion, i don't know how many people are in my case (no previous experience of this community), but my advice for them would be : don't apply too fast, give yourself a week or two to understand the big picture, then you will have easier time to create characters who can find their place in the world. I'm sure that things will become easier for the newcomers as the game really starts and as they will be able to build their chars on the foundations of an already living game, especially if already playing characters "report" in the RP forum what they are living. I hope to become one of these "reporters", and that my posts will help some newcomers to find their place in this wonderful world populated with wonderful people Smile
Thank you for your post Xath, I will add a reminder to the application that there is no urgency to applying, and that players are welcome to take their time, as well as our willness to do a character change on the same toon should they feel a need to do that.
Topic Options
Thread Closed