Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low Population Ideas
It is normal to have highs and lows in population.  When we have high populations, the conflict between estates managed by RPCSS works well.  However, when we have low swings in population we like to draw players back to playing primarily on Summer Isle, with a plot line that introduces a new twist to character development or new character ideas.  We have a few ideas we'd like to toss out and get your feed back.  We are asking you to respond and let us know ALL of the plot lines you are willing to try, not just your preferred one -- though you are certainly welcome to communicate your preference.

Bad Guy Alt Idea
For this type of plot line we would ask everyone to play an Andal as the "bad guys" for a player and seer run conflict.  Everyone would keep their main chars (unless they are maxed at 5 chars).  Details of how Andals are is listed below.  The Andal's goal would be to take control something not reveled at this time.  A series of seer run plots would be ran where players would compete to win the objective.  Players would be randomly asked to play their Andal character for each plot, so everyone gets a fair chance to play on both sides.

http://www.sanctuaryshard.com/index.php?title=Andal
http://www.sanctuaryshard.com/index.php?...Talk:Andal

Personality Shift/Memory Loss
In this plot line, something causes the players to loose recent memory or to have a personality shift forced upon them.  The current working idea is: reset everyone back to their arrival memories.  I'll take other ideas, but most of mine are not as easy to play for both old and new players.

Time Change
In this plot line, we'd do some type of shift that moves our characters back to arriving during some time during the Thorn King Era. They would remember only their pre-world memories (obviously native chars would need their own fiction to make sense).  They would arrive into a world where they we not trusted by humans, and perhaps even hunted down.  Which exact time period is not yet deceided, feel free to advocate for one period of time or another, include reasons.

http://www.sanctuaryshard.com/index.php?...n_King_Era

How long would this last?
A few months? At least through New Years when traffic begins to pick up.
Any and all are fine with me, though I am leery of the first as I don't have time to work up an Andal character to full strength.
I do like the Bad Guy Alt idea... opens things up for players to expand their RP genres and help contribute to the "we vs. they" while also being able to partake on the other side. With as many creative people we have, there are bound to be some wild ways they spin their bad guy and exciting interactions.

I'm also up for the time change.... I like the idea for it to be close to the beginning, where the Thorn King's followers help sweep the religion in. I'm not sure where along that span of time for us to play, but it would be interesting to get a slice of that history in play by living the lives of either side and experience the consequences and radical shift in power. It might be hard and it might mean some brutal outcomes, but I feel it has potential to provide a lot of immersion for any race, skill set, etc.
My main gripes with the server from what I've played so far:
- Too many safe areas.
- No Central hub where players can meet naturally and develop RP.
- Teleport makes getting to content awfully easy.
- The AFK Macro is too easy to use.
- The population doesn't seem to justifiy such a large landmass, as beautiful as it is.

Weird Solution 1: Zombie Apocalypse
Another Weird Solution based on some of the previous replies Thorn King has everything in the continent, players plays as members of the resistance, some trying to be double agents, some straight up bringing it to the front lines. Make things scarce, difficult to obtain and death a possibility = tons of good rps possibilities.
I like all three ideas myself, however i dont have any slots to create an Andal character but i suppose one character could become andal. I really like the loss of memories idea where everyone goes back to what is this place? how did I get here? i dont know or have pre-existing relationships with anyone here yet maybe even couple this with the bad guy alt thing as you dont know who is a good guy or a bad guy, who is going to recruit followers and make him/herself a bandit leader/dread lord everyone fears and who will join together as hero/heroines and be the good guys to oppose the bad guys. who will ultimately win in the end?

I am not against the thorn king era idea and am perfectly willing to try it just not sure right now how to play it personally but I am open to suggestions and would do my best to fit in.
Topic Options